The mission of The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences
is the development of professional health care practitioners
through innovation, individualized, and quality classroom,
clinical, and distance education.
The Customer Service Coordinator provides concierge level service
support to the assigned campus. The incumbent will be the face of
the university, welcoming internal and external visitors, with a
professional and proactive approach that anticipates the needs of
the campus reception area. The position is responsible for
attending to visitors and overseeing reception area interactions to
include inquiries over the telephone as well as face-to-face. The
Customer Service Coordinator acts as the first point of contact for
students, employees and visitors and is responsible for operational
and administrative support to include answering phones, opening and
distributing mail, supplies maintenance, calendaring, filing and
other related clerical/administrative duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Campus entry processes and procedures:
- Answers calls in a professional and courteous manner and
conveys messages to staff and faculty; serves as a back-up to the
automated University-wide telephone system.
- Serves visitors by greeting, welcoming, directing and
announcing them appropriately.
- Provides campus and local community information to
- Facilitates the delivery of materials and/or correspondence to
visitors upon arrival.
- Issues and tracks appropriate campus and parking access badges
for walk-in visitors and vendors.
Campus Access, Parking and Commuter Programs (as
- Serves as a member of the campus response team.
General administration services:
- Coordinates and maintains campus-wide Commuter Assistance
- Issues and tracks campus and parking access badges for all
faculty, staff and students.
- Manages campus supply inventory and places orders for general,
break room, and copier supplies, as needed.
- Maintains inventory of supplies, brochures, and collateral for
- Maintains campus-wide events calendar.
- Ensures regular and frequent updating of campus video monitors
to reflect current and relevant campus news and information.
Human Resources support:
- Prepares mailers for shipping and delivery services (UPS,
FedEx, courier, etc.).
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports campus Human Resources Manager with collection of
on-boarding documents for all faculty, staff and students;
completes new hire I-9 process under direction of HR Manager, as
- Manages and coordinates reception area coverage and schedule
for Student Workers.
May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may
deem necessary from time to time.
- Assists with other operational and administrative support
activities as assigned to support the needs of the University and
- May assist with the coordination and logistics for campus-wide
events, as needed. This may include set-up and clean-up for the
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL, and PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on
performance of each essential function. Appropriate reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED) required. Bachelor’s
degree highly preferred.
- 1-3 years of administrative experience required in a
fast-paced, customer service-oriented role.
- Ability to interact with various personalities with tact and
diplomacy and maintain a flexible, positive attitude.
- Outstanding customer and concierge level service
- Excellent telephone etiquette.
- Demonstrated office clerical and administrative skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel,
PowerPoint), point-of-sale and phone systems.
- Ability to be self-directed, perform tasks with minimal
supervision and manage time effectively.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time at a
- Demonstrated experience with a job requiring multi-tasking and
performing a variety of duties.
- Familiarity with local area and local attractions, including
restaurants, potential venues for meetings or events,
transportation options, and airports.
Collaborates - Building partnerships and working
collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Being Resilient - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity
when facing difficult situations.
Instills Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others
through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under
Innovation - Creating new and better ways for the
organization to be successful.
Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and
delivering customer-centric solutions.
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment but
may involve exposure to moderate noise levels. Work involves
operation of personal computer equipment for six to eight hours
daily and includes physical demands associated with a traditional
office setting, e.g., walking, standing, communicating, and other
physical functions as necessary.
Physical requirements of this position include the following:
-- Stooping, crawling
-- Lifting up to 40 lbs
The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences is an equal
opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any
employee or applicant for employment because of age, race,
religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national