Standardized Patient Coordinator
Standardized Patient Coordinator
At PCOM, we espouse to grow a culturally competent workforce to advance healthcare that touches the lives of underserved communities. Diversity and inclusion is the core component of our institutional identity and a key pillar of PCOM’s strategic vision. Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine affirms that diversity and inclusion are crucial to the intellectual vitality of the campus community. It is through freedom of exchange over different ideas and viewpoints in supportive environments that our graduates develop the critical thinking and citizenship skills that will benefit them throughout their lives.
Since 1899, PCOM has trained highly competent, caring physicians, health practitioners, and behavioral scientists who practice a “whole person” approach to care - treating people, not just symptoms. As the field of medicine has changed, we've changed with it - adapting our program offerings to better meet the needs of healthcare providers and the communities they serve. At the main campus in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (PCOM), the branch campus in Suwanee, Georgia (PCOM Georgia), and our newest location in Moultrie, Georgia (PCOM South Georgia), PCOM students learn to approach problem-solving in a more professional, more team-oriented manner, which prepares them to work successfully in integrated healthcare settings with other health professionals. At Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine you will be part of a caring, professional, and committed community focused on making the PCOM experience the best possible for our students.
We are currently seeking to fill our Standardized Patient Coordinator position at the Philadelphia campus with a highly qualified and passionate individual.
The Standardized Patient (SP) Coordinator reports to the Standardized Patient Manager and works as part of the SP Program team. The SP coordinator will support the SP Program on an operational, logistical, technical, and administrative level. Duties include, but are not limited to, preparation and coordination of SP activities for all educational programs, running technical and logistical operations during SP activities, and management of SP Program administrative functions.
This position is based in Philadelphia, but will also support PCOM campuses in Georgia. Travel to other campuses may be required. Must be flexible and available between the hours of 7:00am and 8:30pm. Evening and occasional weekend work may be required.
The goal of PCOM Simulation Centers is to use state-of-the-art simulation technologies to leverage the most comprehensive educational modalities. Our purpose is to enhance the quality of education and verification of skills through an integrated and proficiency-based curriculum.
The PCOM Simulation Center consists of an Operating Room, Emergency Room, Intensive Care Unit, Obstetrics/Gynecology suite, OSCE Suites, interchangeable high-fidelity rooms, laparoscopic training space, classrooms, task training skills labs, and several virtual reality trainers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for preparing and running day-to-day operational and logistical aspects of SP activities including set up, break down, and materials management
- Assist with technology and audio visual system management, including operation of cameras to ensure accurate video capture and assurance of SP checklist submission
- Assure SP activities are running according to plan and schedule
- Orient students and manage student flow during activities
- Coordinate and oversee SPs during activities
- Support other aspects of SP Program activities as needed
Administration and Management Responsibility
· Responsible for the management and timely submission of SP payroll for all campuses, including accurate tracking and documentation of SP hours on an ongoing basis
· Assist with the SP recruitment and onboarding process, including maintaining and tracking SP files and onboarding information for all campuses, assuring SPs have completed onboarding process
· Assist with SP scheduling and assignments
· Maintain calendar of SP activities for all campuses
· Assist with general administrative duties including document preparation and organization of SP electronic files for all campuses
· Contribute to establishment and implementation of SP Program standard operating procedures
Teaching and Instructions Role
· Train, instruct, and guide SPs functioning in coordinator support roles
- As assigned
- High School graduate (Required)
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field with SP simulation experience (Preferred)
- Computer experience, Google, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in SP medical simulation preferred
- Knowledge of EMS (SIM IQ) video recording program preferred
PCOM is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration. We adhere to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Middle City East
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Middle City East
- Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Middle City East
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Middle City East
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Middle City East