At PCOM, we espouse to grow a culturally competent workforce to advance healthcare that touches the lives of underserved communities. Diversity and inclusion is the core component of our institutional identity and a key pillar of PCOM’s strategic vision. Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine affirms that diversity and inclusion are crucial to the intellectual vitality of the campus community. It is through freedom of exchange over different ideas and viewpoints in supportive environments that our graduates develop the critical thinking and citizenship skills that will benefit them throughout their lives.
Since 1899, PCOM has trained highly competent, caring physicians, health practitioners, and behavioral scientists who practice a “whole person” approach to care - treating people, not just symptoms. As the field of medicine has changed, we've changed with it - adapting our program offerings to better meet the needs of healthcare providers and the communities they serve. At the main campus in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (PCOM), the branch campus in Suwanee, Georgia (PCOM Georgia), and our newest location in Moultrie, Georgia (PCOM South Georgia), PCOM students learn to approach problem-solving in a more professional, more team-oriented manner, which prepares them to work successfully in integrated healthcare settings with other health professionals. At Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine you will be part of a caring, professional, and committed community focused on making the PCOM experience the best possible for our students.
We are currently seeking to fill our Engineering/Energy Manager position at the Philadelphia campus with a highly qualified and passionate individual.
SUMMARY : Responsible for electrical, mechanical, plumbing, air conditioning and heating of facilities equipment, utilities and energy management equipment, software and hardware, as well as maintain optimal performance of all, facilities, (PA campus and healthcare facilities). Collaborates with the engineering staff with objective to maintain a safe and optimally functioning facility. The Engineering/Energy Manager reports to the Director of Plant Operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operates and maintains automatically-fired absorption chillers to generate chilled water and hot water to PA campus.
- Set up parameters of energy conservation utilizing hardware and software applications to optimize best methods to conserve utility costs.
- Install energy maintenance data points, write programs, and develop graphics package to optimize systems.
- Develop utility usage reports by collecting statistical information and analysis date to make recommendations to conform with best practices by reporting findings to Plant Operations Director.
- Performs building inspections of all buildings, providing reports to Plant Operations Director so that deficiencies can be corrected.
- Participates in the development of annual budgets and recommends expenditures as needed.
- Responds to after hours and weekend emergency calls involving facility needs as required.
- Works with Plant Operations Department in troubleshooting problems on all shifts.
- Responsible for all life safety, environmental, plumbing, electrical, HVAC and all applicable inspections to comply with local, state and federal regulations.
- Collaborate with Security and Public Safety Department to conduct fire drills and other life safety inspections and tests.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Director of Plant Operations.
High School graduate and technical training. Expertise in energy management systems with programming experience as well as graphic design. Knowledge of computerized work Order system with ability to manage software applications.
15 years field experience in all aspects for facility trouble shooting and operating energy management equipment as well as physical plant equipment. Five years supervisory experience in facility operations
Frequent standing and walking
Considerable stooping, bending and crouching
Ability to climb ladders
PCOM is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration. We adhere to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.