Accounting-Assistant, Associate or Professor
Program Business, Martin V. Smith School Requisition Number 051157 Position Title Accounting-Assistant, Associate or Professor University Mission Placing students at the center of the educational experience, California State University Channel Islands provides undergraduate and graduate education that facilitates learning within and across disciplines through integrative approaches, emphasizes experiential and service learning, and graduates students with multicultural and international perspectives. Diversity Commitment About the University:
California State University Channel Islands (CSUCI) opened in 2002 as the newest campus in the California State University with 629 transfer students and welcomed its first freshman class in fall 2003. Since that time, the University has grown and developed into one of the premier public universities not only in the Cal State system but also in the nation. Indeed, in its 2021 edition of Best Colleges ranking, U.S. News & World Report listed CSUCI 20th among "Top Public Schools". Moreover, CSUCI was ranked 20th of over 1,449 schools in CollegeNET's Social Mobility Index (2020) and the 15th "Most Transformative College" (2020) in the nation by Money Magazine.
CSUCI is a public comprehensive university that engages students in critical inquiry and is dedicated to educating leaders for a global society. CSUCI is located in Ventura County and home to more than 6,900 undergraduate and 239 graduate students. We are proud to note that our campus is designated as a Hispanic Serving Institution with 55% of our undergraduate students as Latinx, 25% as White, 2% as Black/African American, 5.5% as Asian/Asian American, and 4% are multiracial. In 2019, CSUCI attained the inaugural Seal of Excelencia, granted by the Washington, D.C.-based organization, Excelencia in Education, for facilitating the success of Latinx students. CSUCI is committed to diversifying our faculty to address the needs of our students in the 21st Century. We seek applicants who are dedicated to serving CSUCI's growing diverse student body.
CSUCI is taking steps to confront racism and advocate for justice and fairness for all people. We encourage applicants who are motivated to contribute and serve as colleagues to our tenure-track body that consists of 20.73% Latinx faculty, 2.44% Black/African American faculty, 8.54% Asian/Asian American faculty, and 62.2% White faculty.
CSUCI's Commitment to You:
CSUCI provides faculty support services for new hires to settle in and join a collaborative and supportive community. With the proper support, the successful candidate will contribute to the mission of the school and university.
CSUCI is committed to recruiting individuals who are dedicated to furthering inclusive excellence in our campus community. We seek to enhance our diverse University population, welcoming people from all backgrounds, to sustain an environment in which all can thrive, create, work and learn. Appointment The positions we expect to fill are contingent upon enrollment growth and availability of funds. Position Description / Responsibilities CSU Channel Islands invites applicants for a tenure-track position as an Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor of Accounting, depending upon qualifications. Responsibilities of the faculty member within the Martin V. Smith School of Business & Economics include teaching undergraduate and graduate courses in Accounting (e.g., Financial Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Accounting for Managerial Decision Making), leading to Bachelor of Science in Business or Masters in Business Administration (MBA). CSU Channel Islands faculty members are teacher/scholars who are expected to engage in an ongoing program of scholarship demonstrating intellectual and professional growth. Additionally, all faculty members are expected to assume an active collegial role in planning and governance through service on Martin V. Smith School of Business and Economics and campus-wide committees. Minimum Degree Requirements Doctoral degree from an accredited institution in Accounting or a related field. Candidates with Doctoral degree from a related field must have a Master's Degree in Accounting or CPA or CMA. ABD candidates will be considered, and they are expected to hold a doctoral degree or to complete the degree by August 17, 2022. Required Qualifications Doctoral degree from an accredited institution in Accounting or a related field. Candidates with Doctoral degree from a related field must have a Master's Degree in Accounting or CPA or CMA.
ABD candidates will be considered, and they are expected to hold a doctoral degree or to complete the degree by August 17, 2022.
- Demonstrated preparation for teaching Accounting at a university level;
- A record of effective teaching with a variety of methodologies;
- Evidence of on-going scholarly activities;
- Commitment to work in teams; and
- Applicants should demonstrate the commitment to effectively work with and engage a diverse student population and evidence of how they would successfully mentor minoritized students with special focus on Latinx, Black/African American, American Indian, and Asian/Asian American/Pacific Islander students.
Applicants must address these requirements in their cover letters or other required documents.
As a condition of employment, this position will require a background check. The person holding this position is considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. Preferred Qualifications - Commitment to curriculum planning, development and implementation;
- Ability and interest in teaching a wide range of subjects within and across disciplines;
- Commitment to working in a multiethnic, multilingual, and multicultural environment; and
- Work/consulting experience in private or public sector related to Business & Economics. Special Instructions to Applicant 1. Curriculum Vitae/Resume
2. Cover Letter
3. Publications/a Job Market Paper
4. Evidence of teaching effectiveness (e.g., student evaluation of teaching summaries)
5. Three letters of reference (Please attach these under the "Professional Experience" header for required documents. Thank you.)
6. A statement describing your experience mentoring and/or working with minoritized students with a special focus on Latinx, Black/African American, Asian/Asian American/Pacific Islander and American Indian students, and
7. A teaching philosophy describing how you plan to engage and interact with students, with a special focus on Latinx, Black/African American, Asian/Asian American/Pacific Islander, and American Indian students.
Note: Please combine and attach the two required statements (6 and 7 above) on mentoring and teaching under the "Teaching Philosophy" header for required documents. Salary Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Benefits Eligible Yes Job Open Date 06-01-2021 Job Close Date Open Until Filled Review Begins On 06-30-2021
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Camarillo
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Camarillo
- Accounting & Finance Not specified Full Time jobs in Camarillo
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Camarillo
- Economics Not specified Full Time jobs in Camarillo