Program Manager & Recruitment Specialist
The primary focus of the Program Manager & Recruitment Specialist is to work with the Assistant Dean of the MBA Program, and MBA Office staff, to promote and support student success. This would include supporting MBA marketing strategy, overseeing the social media initiatives, planning and executing events, managing student programs, communicating with prospective and current students about program requirement, and providing support throughout the student lifecycle.
Duties and Responsibilities (generally)
Providing strong student support services to our students is critical to retention and student success. Understanding that student’s needs are different depending upon where they are in their development is at the core of advising at NIU . We practice both developmental advising and high-touch intervention recognizing the importance of (1) the interaction between students and the campus environment; (2) the value of supporting the “whole” student; (3) the consideration of student’s developmental level; and (4) the need to be intentional and responsive to concerns, potential risks, barriers or challenges. Advisors at NIU are deliberative and proactive, and are expected to work in collaboration with support units across campus guided by the goal of student success. Advisors are expected to understand and fully utilize technology to support positive student outcomes including utilizing Navigate for scheduling, note-taking, referral and data analysis. All advisors at NIU are expected to be highly aware of the status of the students in their caseload including retention, persistence and graduation outcomes, academic outcomes and progress toward completion and achievement of customized pathways to completion.
Minimum Required Qualifications for this position
1. Bachelor’s degree.
2. A total of one (1) year (12 months) in education, training and/or work experience in n marketing, higher education, student personnel administration, academic advising, or area of specialization inherent to business industry.
(Note: Master’s Degree in an area consistent with the duties of the position may be substituted for one (1) year of work experience.)
Specialty Factors (Additional Required Qualifications)
Education and Experience Preferred
1. Master’s degree in a business-related field, higher education, or leadership.
2. Minimum of four (4) years experience in marketing, higher education, student personnel administration, academic advising, or area of specialization inherent to business industry.
List the knowledge, skills, and abilities critical to the performance of this position.
1. Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing quality educational guidance. This includes student needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of student satisfaction.
2. Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in the presentation and delivery of academic programs, strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques, recruitment methods, and coordination of people and resources.
3. Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
4. Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
5. Knowledge of educational, evaluation, and measurement principles, practices, methods, and techniques, university policies and procedures.
6. Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively; ability to develop a rapport with students.
7. Written Expression — The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
8. Ability to establish effective working relationships with students, faculty, and staff.
9. Availability to work some evenings, weekends, and off-campus assignments based on critical advising cycles
Ability to work remotely with the expectation of commuting to NIU DeKalb one day a week or as needed.
Monday-Friday 8-4:30, nights and weekends as needed
Minimum Pay Rate (Hourly or Monthly)
Hiring Rate Information
Actual hiring rate is commensurate with experience, education, and internal equity; position includes a robust benefits package to eligible applicants.
Priority Review Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
- Fully complete the Education and Work History sections of the application. Be specific on your entire work history, including employment dates and duties for all positions held. Applicable part-time work experience will be considered toward qualifying for this position, however, it will be converted to a full-time equivalency to determine combined length of experience.
- If you have education and/or training in excess of what is required, we encourage you to upload your unofficial transcripts.
- After the posting has closed, your submission will be reviewed to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for the classification, including any specialty factors associated with this particular position.
- Please monitor your e-mail for further information regarding your application. Emails will be generated from firstname.lastname@example.org and CivilServiceTesting@niu.edu . Please add these emails to your address book to ensure timely delivery of any future communication.
- We STRONGLY recommend that contact information used in your online profile be personal use, not professional/work information: personal email address, home address, and phone numbers. The information you provide is used to make contact on search updates, department referrals and interviews, etc. We must be able to relay sensitive and important information in a way that protects your privacy concerning job search activity, now and in the future.
- The Civil Service examination for this classification is a Credentials Assessment, and is based on your application materials as submitted for this posting. If you meet the minimum required qualifications for this position, you will receive a score based on your education and experience, and your name will be placed on the active employment register. After the application deadline, the names within the top three scores will be referred to the hiring department for interview.
- Once this position has been filled, all names will be removed from the employment register in accordance with State Universities Civil Service System rule 250.60(h)(10) .
- If eligible for Veteran’s Preference Points, DD214/DD215/NGB22/DD256 paperwork reflecting an Honorable Discharge MUST be uploaded to this application in order to receive the maximum eligible points on the Civil Service examination.
- Click on Program Coordinator for more information including salary ranges, typical duties, minimum acceptable qualifications, and testing requirements.
- Please click Human Resource Services – Benefits for detailed information about Northern Illinois University’s benefits package.
- Employment is contingent upon your passing a criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
Link to Department Homepage
In accordance with applicable statutes and regulations, NIU is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, religion, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, political affiliation, or any other factor unrelated to professional qualifications, and will comply with all applicable federal and state statutes, regulations and orders pertaining to nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Ethics and Compliance Officer, Title IX Coordinator
Health Services 230
Is Background Check Required
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
NIU remains committed to ensuring that its recruitment and application procedures include full opportunities for applicants with disabilities. Employment opportunities will not be denied to anyone because of the need to make accommodations for a person’s disability during either the application or interview process. An applicant who believes they require an accommodation to participate in the employment process due to a disability may request that accommodation through the Accommodation Request Form . For further assistance, please contact the office of Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Education ( AAEOE ) at email@example.com .
Clery Act Information
NIU provides information regarding campus security, personal and fire safety, including topics such as: crime prevention, emergency response procedures and crime reporting policies, in addition to crime and fire statistics for the most recent three calendar years. The Annual Security Report containing security and safety information is available at www.safety.niu.edu/clery or by contacting the University Police Department and Public Safety Department at 815-753-9628 to receive a hard copy. The Annual Fire Safety Report is available at www.niu.edu/clery/fire_report.pdf or by contacting the Environmental Health and Safety Department at 815-753-0404 to receive a hard copy.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- * What field/major is your degree in?
(Open Ended Question)
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of
Have you provided at least two (2) references with your
This position requires a statement of Diversity, Equity and
Inclusion philosophy. Have you attached this with your application
Please upload a short writing sample as if you were promoting
the NIU MBA Program on Twitter or another social media platform.
(one paragraph limit)
- I have/will upload this document under the Writing Sample template.
- * If applicable, have you attached a copy of your DD214, DD215,
NGB22, or DD256 for consideration of Veterans Preference Points?
The copy submitted should reflect the status of discharge in order
to be considered.
- Not Applicable
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Transcripts (unofficial with official required at hire)
- List of References
- Writing Sample
- Diversity Statement
- Transcripts #2 (unofficial with official required at hire)
- Military Discharge Documents ONLY (DD214/DD215/NGB22/DD256)
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in DeKalb
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in DeKalb
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in DeKalb
- Other Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in DeKalb
- Student Activities & Services Not specified Full Time jobs in DeKalb