Second Degree Nursing Program Director - Central Texas Campus
The Egan School of Nursing and Health Studies at Fairfield University invites applications for a program director to lead our Accelerated Second Degree Nursing Satellite Program in Central Texas. Candidates will be expected to spend the next academic year among the faculty on the Fairfield CT campus. On-site satellite campus presence and responsibilities will commence in 2022. Candidates must demonstrate a strong commitment to excellence and innovation in teaching including expertise in the use of technology in the classroom. Applicants should be prepared for administrative responsibilities related to program approvals, accreditation, evaluation, clinical partnerships, student and faculty recruitment. Teaching will be a requirement of the position. Program Directors are accountable for twelve month coverage of responsibilities.
1. Doctoral degree in nursing or masters in nursing and related doctoral degree 2. Hold or be eligible for an active unencumbered nursing license in Texas
3. A minimum of three years of experience as a full-time nursing faculty member
4. Experience as a clinical staff member and/or leader
5. Academic or nursing leadership experience to lead the program to accomplish the mission, goals, and expected program outcomes;
6. Documented education in teaching and learning principles for adult education, including curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation, appropriate to the program director role as demonstrated through graduate course work, faculty-development programs, or completion or a certificate program in nursing education.
Review of applications begins immediately. For full consideration, please click "Apply Now" and upload the following materials:
- a curriculum vitae
- a letter of application
- Three reference letters of recommendation to the following
email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Duties may be changed and/or be added at any time.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Academic - Admin
All offers of employment are contingent upon a satisfactory background check.
Fairfield University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, committed to excellence through diversity, and, in this spirit, particularly welcomes applications from women, persons of color, Veterans, and members of historically underrepresented groups. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to all qualified individuals with a disability.
Load a resume or CV first, then upload supporting documents including a cover letter at the bottom of the third page under the "My Experience" section where it says to upload a Resume/CV. You will be able to upload up to 5 other documents in this section. You will be unable to edit your application, so please have all documents available before applying. Faculty Positions : If you need to upload more than 5 documents, please either combine them to upload or email the additional documents to the applicable contact in the job description. Staff positions : If you need to upload more than 5 documents, please either combine them to upload or email them to email@example.com