Job Code/Title 82761 - H - Lab/Research Technician 1 Position Number HU1535 Working Title Research Assistant Department Surgery Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range $11-$15 Campus MCV Campus Position Type Hourly Hours/Week 15-20 Normal work days M-F Normal work hours Flexible Job Category Research Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? Yes - Continuation of this position depends on funding of the grant. Sensitive Position Yes- A pre-employment fingerprint background check will be required. Resource Critical No Description of the Job
The Department of Surgery at Virginia Commonwealth University is recruiting a research assistant to work with a growing research program under the sponsorship and guidance of Dr. Arturo Cardounel. Research focus of the laboratory is in cardiovascular disease utilizing cell culture, animal models and human tissue samples. Project focus is on micro-transplantation. This position will be responsible carrying out experiments and assist with lab compliance and regulatory documentation. Required Qualifications
- Evidence of excellent interpersonal skills.
- Evidence of excellent organizational skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Prior experience in a research environment. Preferred Qualifications
- Animal handling experience a plus
- Experience with isolated heart models, western blotting and protein purification a plus. Job Open Date 07/14/2021 Remove from posting on or before Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Additional Information Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/107894 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document