Custodian, 3rd Shift Pool
Posting Number S01442 Position Title Custodian, 3rd Shift Pool Internal Position Title Department Custodial Position Type Staff Job Family Classified LCFT Job Summary
College of Lake County is seeking a 3rd Shift Custodian for our Grayslake Campus. The custodian maintains the cleanliness and provides sanitation services to our campuses.
CLC offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits that currently includes BlueCross/BlueShield of Illinois health, Delta dental and Superior vision insurance plans, tuition support for employees and qualified family members, three retirement plans, disability, group and supplemental life insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending account plans, a four-day work week in the summer, generous vacation, sick and personal time off and 13 paid holidays each year. Required Qualification
A high school diploma, or equivalent required.
Continuously walking or standing, frequent bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, and twisting and occasionally sitting.
Ability to push, carry, lift up to 70 lbs. on a regular basis, and over 70 lbs. on an occasional basis with or without reasonable accommodations.
Proven ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Knowledge of custodial functions and procedures.
Ability to provide leadership to staff and to follow instructions. Posting Date 07/14/2021 Closing Date 08/15/2021 Expected Start Date Special Instructions Summary Pay Rate $15.62/HR. + $.60 shift differential Full-Time/Part-Time Full-Time Location Grayslake Total Hours per week 40.00 Work Schedule
Thursday -Monday, Hours: 11:00 p.m. – 7:00 a.m.
Monday – Friday, Hours: 11:00 p.m. – 7:00 a.m. Software Testing Required None Interview Process Requirements None EEO Statement
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V Summary of Essential Functions
The Custodian’s duties shall include, but are not limited to, the following:
1) Cleans interior and exterior of all buildings, which includes sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, buffing, dusting, washing windows, louvers and light diffusers, etc.
2) Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of entrance areas, washrooms, administrative offices, staff/faculty lounges, lunchrooms, corridors and cleans waste receptacles.
3) Assists in snow removal as needed, front entrance and walks.
4) Assists in room and activities set-ups, furniture moves, and stage set-ups, etc.
5) Uses equipment to perform the essential functions of the job, including vacuum cleaner, basic hand tools, walk-behind hard floor scrubber, walk-behind hard floor burnisher, and carpet water extraction machines.
6) Demonstrates solid commitment to our Q- DIALS Program and participates with CLC goals and initiatives. Demonstrates the Service Excellence communication method towards customers and ensuring student success is at the forefront of all we do, while building the College’s reputation as a premier educational institution.
7) Follow all institution and regulatory policies, procedures and standards. Utilize self-appraisal to determine progress in meeting performance management system objectives and career goals.
8) Performs other related duties as assigned by the Director of Facilities, Shift Supervisor, or the Lead Custodian. Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a high school diploma or equivalent?
- * Do you have the ability to be continuously walking or
standing, frequently bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling,
twisting and occasionally sitting AND the ability to push, pull,
lift and carry up to 70 lbs on a regular basis and over 70 lbs on
an occasional basis with or without reasonable accommodations?
- * Do you have knowledge of custodial functions and procedures?
- * Do you have the ability to follow directions and resolve
issues that arise?
- Cover Letter