University Code 19281 University Title Office Manager 1 University Job Family General Administration ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Multi Title Scope of Search Local Working Title Office Manager Position Number 593230 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Non-Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department University College Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The Office Manager performs administrative support for all departments, programs and initiatives housed within the University College (UC). The Office Manager coordinates administrative services for UC, to include: serving as UC’s first point of contact for faculty, staff, students, and the general public, staffing the UC front desk in the FILL, managing meeting spaces/ calendars, completing UC office purchasing, coordinating mail distribution, managing office equipment/files, supervising hourly/student workers, and serving as building manager for UC office/classroom spaces, and backup building manager for Harris Hall. The Office Manager provides support, as needed, for other projects from FI, IDS, and University College Dean’s Office. Minimum Hiring Standards
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college or an equivalent combination of training and experience in areas directly related to the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, including the ability to work well under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and RealSource
- Proven organizational skills, dependability, and accuracy, with ability to handle multiple tasks by stated deadlines and to create and maintain organized record systems.
- Ability to function well as a team member and to collaborate effectively with others.
- Demonstrated ability to support and interact with a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you find out about this position?
- Alumni association magazine
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Community event
- Email notification
- HERC (Higher Ed Recruitment Consortium
- Higher education publication
- Internal Recruiter
- Job fair
- Job site (e.g. Monster.com)
- Professional association/journal
- Referred by person/employee
- Search firm notification
- VCU vacancy listing - eJobs
- * If you selected 'Other' for your referral source please
indicate where you heard about this posting. (If you did not select
'Other,' please enter 'n/a.')
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond