Assistant Athletic Trainer
The Wesleyan Athletic Department, located in the Freeman Athletic Center, a state-of-the art- facility, is a member of the prestigious New England Small College Athletic Conference ( NESCAC ). They sponsor 30 varsity sports and believe athletics plays an integral part in a Wesleyan scholar–athlete’s liberal arts education. Highly trained and dedicated faculty coaches, administrators and staff work collaboratively and tirelessly to assist student-athletes in reaching their academic and athletic goals.
Reporting to the Director of Athletic Injury Care, the Assistant Athletic Trainer is responsible for providing athletic training services for students/athletes in all aspects of intercollegiate athletic training program.
- Daily rehabilitation and preparation of all student-athletes for practice or competition. Including taping, bandaging, and bracing.
- Emergency management of acute injuries.
- Develop and implement treatment and reconditioning of athletic injuries.
- Travel with athletic teams as assigned and provide athletic injury care coverage during practice and games.
- Communicate with coaches and athletes as needed.
- Prepare and maintain appropriate athletic injury care records and reports as required utilizing sportsware computer program following all NCAA and NATA guidelines.
- Identify mental health and nutritional issues and coordinate appropriate care.
- Serve as the direct contact for visiting team athletic trainers to ensure compliance for all medical needs.
- Assist with the interview process, selection, and oversight of student athletic trainers.
- Schedule and oversee athletic clearance physical examinations, perform baseline concussion testing for each student-athletes assigned.
- Provide supervision and mentorship of undergraduate work study students.
- Coordinate set-up of emergency and safety equipment for practice and competition.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 1 year of college or equivalent athletic training experience. NATABOC certification as an athletic trainer. Valid Connecticut State Athletic Trainers license, or the ability to obtain one. Current CPR / AED /First Aid certification required. Ability and willingness to work evenings, weekends, and holidays and travel with athletic teams as needed. Ability to engage and communicate effectively with members of the coaching staff, administration and visiting athletic trainers. Willingness to stay up-to-date on best practices and techniques used in the sports medicine industry.
Demonstrated commitment to working within a diverse environment and collaborating with individuals of different backgrounds.
Master’s degree. Instructor certification in first aid and CPR . Division III and or/ NESCAC Experience. Experience assisting with sports performance, mental health and diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Application close date is July 29, 2021
Any and all offers to external applicants are contingent on the candidate’s completion of a pre-employment background check screening to the satisfaction of Wesleyan University
Wesleyan University, located in Middletown, Connecticut, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, age, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, ancestry, present or past history of mental disorder, learning disability or physical disability, political belief, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or non-position-related criminal record. We welcome applications from women and historically underrepresented minority groups. Inquiries regarding Title IX, Section 504, or any other non-discrimination policies should be directed to: Alison Williams, Vice President for Equity & Inclusion/ Title IX Officer, 860-685-3927, email@example.com.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Middletown
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Middletown
- Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology & Physical Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Middletown
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Middletown
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Middletown