Lead Refuse Collector/Driver - (STA007717)
Under the general supervision of the supervisor, leads and coordinates the work activities of refuse collectors and drivers.
- Coordinates and reviews work orders and assigns activities; performs inspections of work in progress and completed assignments.
- Organizes, conducts, and participates in safety and training meetings in compliance with university rules and regulations and DOT requirements.
- Assists supervisor with hiring decisions, performance evaluations, and developing work schedules. Verifies and approves daily log, work orders, and time sheets.
- Assists supervisor with budget management, supply orders, and inspection reports.
- Ensures the daily maintenance, safety, and security of departmental equipment. Completes vehicle inspection reports and verifies availability of supplies, tools, machines, and vehicles.
- Conducts random route and building inspections to ensure completion of work and customer satisfaction.
- Performs the duties of a Refuse Collector/Driver as needed.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Nine years of school and 1 year experience.
Requires ability to read, write, add, subtract and follow oral and/or basic written instructions as might normally be acquired through 9 to 11 years of formal schooling.
Requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly job-related experience.
* A valid Texas CDL B Driver's License is required, with a Hazmat endorsement ; the operator will operate the fuel truck while assisting the Electrical shop to service the generators on campus and in case of weather emergencies.
Notes to Applicant: Provide references along with resume
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Facilities Management & Physical Plant Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Auxiliary Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Safety & Security Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston