Recruitment Specialist - (STA007745)
Represents the University of Houston to the public community in Houston, throughout Texas, and across the nation. Develops and implements strategies and programs to facilitate recruitment and enrollment.
- Reviews application files, and makes admissions decisions and scholarship recommendations.
- Prepares recruitment schedule, and plans recruiting and yield events.
- Updates admissions webpage and printed publications.
- Manage alumni and volunteer programs that support student recruitment and enrollment.
- Recruits and promotes University opportunities to prospective students by developing and delivering presentations to high schools, businesses, organizations and UH alumni.
- Maintains key relationships with high schools, community colleges and the media.
- Serves as Lead Counselor in an assigned recruitment area; Assesses and monitors the progress of recruitment efforts.
- Supervises, trains and evaluates student assistants in ongoing recruitment projects such as campus tours, mail-outs, phone campaigns and UH Ambassadors.
- Plans, organizes and supervises implementation of university/college recruitment projects and events.
- Maintains a high level of knowledge regarding the Student Information System and acts as troubleshooter for Outreach and Admissions staff.
- Monitors target markets and university enrollment and produces reports for use by Outreach and Admissions staff. Assists with the development of a training plan for new counselors.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's and 3 years experience.
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Requires a minimum of three (3) year of directly job-related experience.
Notes to Applicant: mgbalder
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston