Assistant General Counsel - (STA007750)
Renders legal advice and assistance to UH System and its component universities. Serves as a higher education legal generalist for the UH System and its components.
- Provides all UH components with legal advice and assistance with direction from General Counsel and Deputy General Counsel.
- Reviews requests for information maintained by UH System and its components, assesses which items should be responded to and which are objectionable.
- May attend meetings, depositions, mediations, witness interviews, official hearings and so forth; makes recommendations.
- Recommends appropriate department/individual to respond to requests and/or inquiries, contacts parties, provides instruction and guidance; collects responses, reviews, edits, investigates responses as necessary.
- Assists with directing staff to assist Attorney General's Office in assembling documentation and providing support services.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Juris Doctor Degree and 1 year experience
Requires singular knowledge of a specialized advanced professional discipline or the highest level of general business knowledge, normally acquired through attainment of a directly job-related terminal degree or equivalent formal training in a recognized field of specialization that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly job-related experience. Requires professional licensing, certification or registration directly related to the job, as specified on a job description addendum.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Law & Legal Studies Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston