Business Analyst/Project Manager
About Salve Regina University:
Salve Regina University, ranked as one of the most transformative colleges in the United States by Money Magazine, is a comprehensive Catholic University located in the scenic coastal community of Newport, Rhode Island. The University's commitment to academic success and personal discovery extends beyond its historic campus into a dynamic world where the application of higher thinking and skill are most valued. Salve Regina offers bachelor's and master's degree programs, graduate certificates, and doctoral programs in humanities, international relations and nursing. Enrollment includes more than 2,600 undergraduate and graduate students from across the U.S. and around the world.
The Business Analyst/ Project Manager will primarily responsibilities is the analysis of current business operations to identify improvements and efficiencies. Documentation of current and end state business process solutions through technology. Provide support of the implementation, integration, and transition of the business change. Secondarily, be responsible for overseeing the successful completion of assigned projects, which includes managing resource time setting timelines, deadlines, communicating with stakeholders about the state of the project, adjusting if necessary to meet new requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet with department users to understand, analyze and document current business processes
- Research information related to systems, best practices and peer intuitions to offer suggested improvements to business process in support of data quality and or efficiencies.
- Identify and document sources of data in University systems
- Define, design and develop reports/exports utilizing enterprise applications, the enterprise data warehouse, and BI tools in support of departmental operations and strategic reporting efforts
- Verify preliminary designs for IT solutions and perform testing as necessary
- Work alongside developers to design data models and ETL processes
- Work as part of ad-hoc development team to design database driven applications, web forms, and application integrations.
- Coordinate with associated team members on defined projects.
- Research project requirements alongside members of the Program Management Office
- Provide resource estimates
- Answer questions and provide technical assistance / training to users based on research of system documentation and proper use cases scenarios.
- Resolve problems by reviewing and analyzing software documentation, data inputs/outputs.Identify causes and suggest solutions and or make appropriate referrals
- Document system procedures and guidelines for application users
- Document program modifications for developers
- Guide community members in requesting and successful approval of projects that align with University strategic compass.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress as it falls in the PMLC.
- Develop a project communication plan to be executed.
- Maintain a status dashboard that is visible to all stakeholders and the Salve community.
- Coordinate Salve resources and third parties/vendors for project execution.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation to maintain or adjust timelines
- Create comprehensive project documentation plan.
- Create a testing plan.
- Assist with quality assurance of data during the development and testing phase of the project.
- Perform Risk Management to minimize project risk
- Transition project from implementation to operations with how to and where to get help after a project has closed.
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with external consultants or contractors, as required, to attain optimal solution, regardless of computer platform, but in conformance with existing network architecture, for administrative user requirements.
- Assist in data base management and data base administrative tasks (e.g., data base system tuning) for pertinent application systems, particularly in the role as a backup for other senior staff; these systems include but are not limited to Colleague, PowerFAIDS, ImageNow, Resource 25, and the SALVE Card system.
- Provide training to application system users, as appropriate, on the proper use of application software.
- Assist in the support, as appropriate, of the system administration of numerous application servers.
- Participate in training sessions and workshops, as appropriate, to maintain required technical skill levels.
- Perform such other related duties that may be assigned.
- A bachelor's degree in Information Systems Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Business, or a related field is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of two years' work experience in an Information Technologies related position is required.
- Strong working knowledge of reporting technologies such as Business Objects' Web Intelligence is essential and Crystal Reports is highly recommended.
- Experience with Ellucian Colleague ERP System Tools is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with administrative users, Information Technologies staff members, and outside consultants is essential.
- Excellent organization and oral and written communication skills are required.
- The ability to work effectively as a team member or as an independent contributor is essential.
- Person is to be well organized, facile with various peripheral devices for IS operations, able to interpret and deliver user information requests using tracking and reporting tools.
Salve Regina University offers generous benefits to eligible employees including:
- health and dental coverage
- life insurance
- long-term disability
- 403B plan
- tuition benefits and more
Salve Regina University strives to provide equal opportunity in employment and education to all employees, students and applicants. No employee, student or applicant shall be discriminated against or harassed on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, age, marital or parental status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal or state law, in the administration of Salve Regina's employment policies, education policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other University administered programs. In accordance with Title IX, it does not discriminate on the basis of sex in any of its educational programs or activities. Salve Regina is also committed to making its programs and campus accessible to its visitors and compliant with all applicable non-discrimination laws.
Applicants must apply online for any open staff and faculty positions by providing a cover-letter and resume. Pre-employment background checks and reference checks are required of successful candidates. Salve Regina University participates in E-verify.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Technology Administration/Other Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport