Assistant Director for Financial Aid / Student Loan Coordinator
About Salve Regina University:
Salve Regina University, ranked as one of the most transformative colleges in the United States by Money Magazine, is a comprehensive Catholic University located in the scenic coastal community of Newport, Rhode Island. The University's commitment to academic success and personal discovery extends beyond its historic campus into a dynamic world where the application of higher thinking and skill are most valued. Salve Regina offers bachelor's and master's degree programs, graduate certificates, and doctoral programs in humanities, international relations and nursing. Enrollment includes more than 2,600 undergraduate and graduate students from across the U.S. and around the world.
The Assistant Director/Student Loan Coordinator is responsible to the Associate Director of Financial Aid and shall function in accordance with both the Office and the University policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage all aspects of processing a high volume of Federal and alternative educational loans
- Actively monitor loan fund delivery to ensure timely disbursement of funds.
- Monitor default prevention program in conjunction with lenders and servicers and assist in the development and implementation of financial planning and debt management education.
- Monitor compliance of lenders and servicers with federal regulations and codes of ethics.
- Set up and coordinate exit interviews for students approaching repayment of their student loans after graduation, withdrawal or leave of absence.
- Complete monthly federal loan reconciliations in accordance with federal guidelines
- Work with the Business Office to maintain accuracy on downloads of federal and private loans
- Assume primary responsibility for completing graduate students financial aid awards
- Counsel graduate students with regards to areas of financial aid including applications, procedures, awarding and disbursement
- Compare information on the FAFSA to the tax forms as needed. Request additional documentation for any data items that need clarification. Have recalculation done for records that are not within limits. Follow verification procedures for all records
- Verify part-time student credits awarded against credits billed
- Participate in professional development activities and share information in staff training
- Prepare and present financial aid information sessions for current and prospective students and parents
- Verify credits for transfer student awarding
- Complete transfer student awards in accordance with federal regulations and institutional policies
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer routine questions.
- Prepare files on information pertinent to financial aid.
- Assist with all other office functions and related duties as requested by the Director.
- Bachelor's degree and previous financial aid experience including working knowledge of Powerfaids and/or Ellucian Colleague is preferred.
- Strong experience in a MS Windows-based environment including Excel shortcuts, formula functions and utilizing pivot tables is also strongly preferred.
- Must possess strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with a wide variety of people served by the Financial Aid Office.
- Must be willing to read and keep up-to-date with the myriad of changes to Financial Aid policies (federal, state and University).
- Incumbent must be willing to work weekends and evenings, as necessary, to meet position responsibilities.
- Must be able to handle difficult clients/students.
- Must possess the ability to handle stress in a busy office environment and work as part of an office team.
- Confidentiality is of the utmost importance.
Salve Regina University offers generous benefits to eligible employees including:
- health and dental coverage
- life insurance
- long-term disability
- 403B plan
- tuition benefits and more
Salve Regina University strives to provide equal opportunity in employment and education to all employees, students and applicants. No employee, student or applicant shall be discriminated against or harassed on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, age, marital or parental status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal or state law, in the administration of Salve Regina's employment policies, education policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other University administered programs. In accordance with Title IX, it does not discriminate on the basis of sex in any of its educational programs or activities. Salve Regina is also committed to making its programs and campus accessible to its visitors and compliant with all applicable non-discrimination laws.
Applicants must apply online for any open staff and faculty positions by providing a cover-letter and resume. Pre-employment background checks and reference checks are required of successful candidates. Salve Regina University participates in E-verify.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Financial Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport