Sales Associate (part-time)
The risd:store is currently seeking a part-time Sales Associates to join the retail dynamic team. The mission of the store is to enable creativity by supporting the creative pursuits of our students and customers through a unique, inspiring, and informative shopping experience. The venue is local art supply stores, known for providing a wide variety of high-quality student and professional art and design products at a great value. The risd:store is a lso home to a rotating retail collection of work by RISD alumni.
Under the direction of the Assistant Director, Sales Associates perform a wide variety of duties in the stores including courteous customer service to diverse internal and external communities, knowledgeable merchandise assistance, cash register operation, general housekeeping, stocking and pricing of merchandise and cut materials as needed.
At the risd:store, the Sales Associate is responsible for cutting canvas, muslin, silkscreen, and paper.
- Provide exceptional service by waiting on customers and providing knowledgeable answers regarding fine art and products featured in RISD Store and 3D Store. Become familiar and maintain a familiarity with the artists and designers featured in risd|made. Answer questions in a courteous and helpful manner. Make informed recommendations to customers regarding purchases. Process special order requests. Gift wrap purchases when appropriate. Answer phone inquiries.
- Perform detailed work in an accurate manner by using a cash register to ring up sales, receive cash and credit card payments and make change. Guide temps and work-study students performing the same or directly related duties. As required, perform regular inventory cycle counts and annual inventory counts using mobile devices.
- Maintain a clean, organized and well stocked retail floor. Ensure stock of salable merchandise on selling floor and in storeroom are appropriately labeled. Maintain a clean, organized and well stocked checkout station. Perform housekeeping tasks including but not limited to cleaning Plexiglas cases, cleaning pedestals and other display furniture, tidying work area, sweeping, vacuuming.
- High school diploma.
- Applicants must have previous retail experience, strong
telephone, and personal communications skills.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and hold
multicultural competencies appropriate for working with a diverse
range of constituents.
Valued but not required skills and experience
- Minimum of one year of college education.
- Art and design background preferred with knowledge of art
supply application and contemporary art and design history.
- Computer experience preferred.
This is a part-time, approximately 20 hour/week position. Nights and some weekend shifts will be required. Specific schedule will be discussed with candidates at time of interview.
Documents Needed to Apply
Cover letter (optional)
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please upload all required documents.
The successful candidate will be required to meet our pre-employment background screening requirements.
For certain positions, RISD is currently supporting remote work arrangements due to the pandemic. When work resumes in person, employees are expected to perform work on campus.
RISD recognizes diversity and inclusivity as fundamental to its learning community and integral to an art and design education. We welcome candidates whose experience has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. RISD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
For internal use only - Job Family:
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Providence
- Arts Not specified Full Time jobs in Providence
- Design & Graphic Arts Not specified Full Time jobs in Providence
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Providence
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Providence