Lead Sales Associate
The risd:store and is currently seeking a Lead Sales Associates to join its retail dynamic team. The mission of the risd:store is to enable creativity by supporting the creative pursuits of our students and customers through a unique, inspiring, and informative shopping experience. The venue is the local art supply store, known for providing a wide variety of high-quality student and professional art and design products at a great value. It is also home to a rotating retail collection of work by RISD alumni.
Under the direction of the Assistant Director, the Lead Sales Associate performs a wide variety of duties in RISD Retail. The incumbent provides courteous customer service, knowledgeable merchandise assistance, and serves as a liaison between the customer and Assistant Director regarding more complicated and/or high priority service-related issues. The Lead Sales Associate organizes, tracks, and maintains retail floor stock, operational supplies, and inventory levels; assists buyers by analyzing system reordering points and “dusty” inventory data and make recommendation for product to be reordered or discontinued; relay customer feedback on frequently requested items not currently carried in our assortment; maintains visual merchandising; supports e-commerce inquiries and distribution; performs opening and closing duties; operates a cash register; performs general housekeeping duties; receives, coordinates in store product demos; stocks and prices merchandise; and cuts materials.
As an employer, RISD offers a supportive, collegial and inclusive work environment and a competitive benefits package.
- Provide quality customer service and knowledgeable answers regarding supplies. Answer questions in a courteous and helpful manner. Make informed recommendations to customers regarding purchases. Answer phone and retail email inquiries. Take and fill orders as needed. Ensure that all services and documentation are completed in accordance with specifications and best practices. Engage with customers to understand and translate needs. Responsible for the accurate and safe completion of customized and detailed work orders per RISD Retail service protocol. Cut merchandise, including but not limited to wood, glass, metals, paper, vinyl, etc. using necessary machinery and hand tools, and applying more advanced technical understanding.
- Under direction of Assistant Director, monitor stock levels and generate replenishment information for buyer review and approval. As directed, submit buyer approved purchase orders to respective vendors via system ordering portal, and/or by phone and email. Monitor stock levels for operational supplies, shipping and packaging materials including but not limited to bags, boxes, labels, etc. Implement and maintain display designs as directed by supervisor. Complete inventory and display responsibilities; organize, track inventory and maintain stockroom. Ensure stock of salable merchandise on selling floor and in stockroom are appropriately labeled.
- Perform opening and closing duties for RISD Store and 3D Store; provide guidance and direction to Sales Associates, temps and work study students. Close shop and lock doors; count and store away cash drawers per protocol; inspect and secure the building.
- Maintain cleaning standards for retail. Perform housekeeping tasks including cleaning shelving, countertops, back stock area, tidying work area, vacuuming floor, etc
- Perform detailed work in an accurate manner by using a cash register to ring up sales, receive cash and credit card payments and make change.
- Perform related duties as required by supervisor, including but not limited to working special
- events, including but not limited to commencement, sidewalk sale, vendor splendor, internal and external pop-up events.
- High school diploma required or equivalent combination education and experience
- Minimum of one year of college education preferred
- Applicants must have 2-4 years of previous customer service experience, preferably in a retail environment
- Strong telephone, personal communications, and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Proven ability to operate a cash register
- Previous experience leading and or providing guidance to other sales staff/associates preferred Basic computer skills required, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and other related software
- Basic carpentry skills with demonstrated knowledge of and previous experience using table saws, power tools and various hand tools preferred
- Art background preferred
35 hours/week; 12 months/year
Full-Time; Regular. Non-Exempt.
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please upload all required documents.
The successful candidate will be required to meet our pre-employment background screening requirements.
For certain positions, RISD is currently supporting remote work arrangements due to the pandemic. When work resumes in person, employees are expected to perform work on campus.
RISD recognizes diversity and inclusivity as fundamental to its learning community and integral to an art and design education. We welcome candidates whose experience has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. RISD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
For internal use only - Job Family:
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Providence
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Providence
- Other Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Providence
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Providence
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Providence