Assistant or Associate Professor of Marketing, College of Business
The College of Business at the University of Montana – Missoula invites applications for a tenure-track position in Marketing. We will consider candidates with a Ph.D. in Marketing or closely related field from an AACSB-accredited program. In addition to the advanced degree, candidates must be committed to excellence in teaching and research. Candidates must possess an interest and demonstrated ability in teaching marketing analytics and marketing research. An active research agenda is required, and professional work experience in marketing is strongly preferred. Appointment to the rank of associate professor requires research publications and years of teaching service at an AACSB accredited institution commensurate with the rank of associate professor. Salary is dependent on qualifications and is comparable with peer universities in the region.
Undergraduate teaching will be in the university’s Bachelor of Science in Business Administration program. Graduate teaching will be in the Master of Science in Business Analytics and/or the MBA programs. Additional teaching opportunities exist in various micro-credential, certificate and corporate programs. The marketing faculty take a collaborative and responsive approach to supporting the success of our students, including mentoring students via a student chapter of the American Marketing Association. We pride ourselves on our rigorous and relevant curriculum, which prepares students for digital, analytical marketing careers. We strive to create and maintain partnerships with marketing and technology firms in Missoula and throughout the region to provide the best opportunities for our students.
The College of Business creates transformative, integrated, and student-centric learning experiences, propelling our students to make immediate and sustained impact on business and society. We nurture our students’ innate work ethic to develop confident problem solvers and ethical decision makers. We pursue thought leadership and collectively create opportunities for a better life for our students, faculty, and staff. The College is one of the largest professional academic units on campus and is accredited by the AACSB at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its five priorities for action : Place student success at the center of all we do; drive excellence and innovation in teaching, learning, and research; embody the principle of “mission first, people always"; partner with place; and proudly tell the UM story.
- Faculty: Marketing Program
- Title: Assistant Professor or Associate Professor
- Position Type: Academic
- Closing Date: Screening begins 7/30/2021; applications accepted until further notice or until the position is filled
- Schedule: Full time academic year position beginning fall semester 2021 in Missoula, MT
- Entry Rate: Competitive salary range depending on experience
- Benefits: Medical Insurance/Mandatory Retirement Contribution/Professional Development/Partial Tuition Waiver/Wellness
- Primary Duties: Primary duties include teaching, scholarship, and service.
- PhD in Marketing or closely related field from a school accredited by AACSB.
- Superior academic background
- Evidence of effective teaching
- Potential for scholarship
- Ability to develop opportunities for students to work in practical settings
- Ability to work collegially with students, staff, faculty, and external constituencies of the College of Business
- Creativity, resourcefulness, fairness, compassion, and initiative
- Evidence of innovation in teaching and scholarship
- Fluency with a variety of teaching modalities
To learn more about the University of Montana please visit the links below.
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to Offer of Employment. In accordance with University policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference - Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References - *References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing - Individual hiring departments at UM-M may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility - All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
How To Apply
Priority Application Date: Thursday, July 29, 2021 by 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
Complete applications received by the ‘Priority Application Date’ will be guaranteed consideration. The position will remain open until filled. Candidates are required to submit the following materials online.
IMPORTANT: Please do not send applications directly to the University of Montana College of Business. Applications sent directly to the College of Business will not be considered or forwarded to Human Resource Services. Only complete applications submitted through the UM online applicant system will be considered. No exceptions.
- A complete application Includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and experience related to the stated required skills for the position. A general letter salutation such as “Dear Search Committee” or “Dear Hiring Manager” is acceptable.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work experience.
- Professional References – names and contact information for three (3) professional references.
Job Location Missoula, Montana, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular