The HR Generalist facilitates employment matters across a wide
range of HR functional areas including employee relations,
performance management, leaves of absence, workers compensation,
compensation/benchmarking, onboarding, training, and policy
This is a full-time, exempt position reporting to the Director
of Human Resources. The HR Generalist builds effective
relationships with managers and employees to support all phases of
the employment cycle from recruiting through departure.
Ensures compliance with policies and procedures. Builds
strategic internal and external partnerships to promote diversity
and inclusivity at the school. Ensures hiring procedures and
strategies to promote increased workforce diversity.
Practices and develops cultural competence in the exercise of
duties. Conducts audits for data integrity.
Minimum job qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of five years of experience in Human Resources with a
demonstrated history of responsibility in key areas including
employee relations, leaves of absences and recruiting
- Knowledge of laws and regulations affecting the Human Resources
- Experience working in and recruiting for a diverse
- PHR or SHRM-CP preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of administrative tasks and responsibilitiesExcellent
verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced computer skills, including data entry, data
processing, communication tools and payroll and human resources
- Problem-solving skills, resourceful thinking, and analytical
- Leadership and coaching skills
- Experience implementing diverse recruiting strategies
- Strong empathy and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Operate effectively in stressful situations.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Discretion with sensitive information
A full job description will be provided to selected candidates
in advance of interview.
If interested, please complete an application as well as submit
a resume and cover letter outlining the reasons for your interest
in this position via http://www.andover.edu/employmentopportunities
Phillips Academy is an equal opportunity employer. Phillips
Academy is an intentionally diverse and inclusive residential
community “committed to creating an equitable and inclusive school
in which students from diverse backgrounds, cultures, and
experiences—including race, ethnicity, nationality, gender,
socioeconomic class, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion,
and ability—learn and grow together.” The ideal candidate supports
the inclusive and diverse nature of the community. Any offers of
employment will be contingent upon successful CORI/SORI and
fingerprinting background checks as well as unrestricted
authorization to work in the United States.