Assistant Professor of Community College and Higher Education Leadership (CCHE) #605446
Northern Arizona University’s Educational Leadership Department is recruiting a tenure-track faculty member in the Community College and Higher Education (CCHE) Leadership program. The successful candidate will contribute to the teaching, research, advising, and service responsibilities associated with the doctoral and master’s program in Community College and Higher Education Leadership. Additionally, this position will provide leadership to master’s degree (M.Ed.) courses and support part-time faculty who teach these courses. Candidates from any methodological tradition (e.g., quantitative, qualitative, mixed-methods) are encouraged to apply. Regardless of research methodology, candidates should have a demonstrated commitment to social justice and equity in higher education. Review will begin on September 20, 2021.
The appointment involves teaching, research, and service to the university and profession. Standard faculty load distribution is 60% teaching (3 graduate courses per semester), 20% research, and 20% service, with opportunities for reduced teaching loads based on grant buyouts and other related work. It is expected that the successful candidate will support student and departmental needs through engagement with students beyond coursework including participating in committee and service work and being an active member of and chairing dissertation committees.
The ideal candidate will have evidence of potential for establishing a record of publication and scholarship related to Critical Race Theory and racial justice in community college/higher education; evidence of promoting and supporting equity and social justice; a willingness to accommodate a variety of strategies in instructional delivery and learning activities, including online and blended learning; and ability to work collaboratively with other faculty and university professionals. The position is open to candidates with expertise in any methodological tradition (e.g., critical qualitative methods, transformative mixed-methods, participatory action research, critical quantitative methods, etc.).
- Doctoral degree or ABD (degree must be conferred prior to start of contract) in higher education or a related field (e.g., candidates will be considered if their degree is in a related field with a significant focus in higher education as evidenced by the dissertation topic or a formal concentration/specialization in higher education)
- Research experience
- Teaching experience at the graduate or undergraduate level (TA or instructor of record)
- Evidence of research that includes submitted/published scholarship in the area of Critical Race Theory in higher education, which may include Tribal Crit, LatCrit, AsianCrit, DisCrit, Quare Theory, and other related branches of CRT that include research on racial justice and/or decolonization of higher education.
- Ability to teach existing graduate-level courses related to the Curriculum in the Masters and Doctoral programs in higher education and community colleges and develop new classes in Critical Race Theory. Experience teaching in online and blended modalities preferred.
- Experience mentoring doctoral students and/or advising dissertations
- Evidence of working with diverse communities based on ethnicity, race, national origin, language, age, gender, religion, abilities, sexual orientation, and other social identities that contribute to an inclusive and equitable community of graduate students, leaders, and scholars
- Experience in community college/higher education leadership
- Evidence of service to professional organizations and the field (e.g., experience serving as a conference/journal reviewer, active membership in ASHE, etc.
Please see jobs for full job descriptions and details on how to apply online! NAU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Flagstaff
- Education Tenured/Tenured Track $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Flagstaff
- Teacher Education Tenured/Tenured Track $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Flagstaff
- Humanities Tenured/Tenured Track $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Flagstaff
- Other Humanities Tenured/Tenured Track $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Flagstaff