Office Associate (Part Time)
Howard Community College (HCC) is an exciting place to work, learn, and grow! HCC has been awarded the distinction as a "Great College to Work for" since 2009 from The Chronicle of Higher Education.
Howard Community College values diversity among its faculty, staff and student population. We are an innovative institution that is committed to responding to the ever-changing needs and interests of a diverse and dynamic community. No matter where you want to go in your career, you can get there from here!
The Office Associate is responsible for greeting and assisting students and guests for Academic Support, Counseling and Career Services. This position reports daily to our campus in Columbia, MD.
- Provide excellent customer service, schedule appointments using a computerized scheduling system.
- Respond to inquiries and provide information of department services, resources and programs.
- Assist with data entry, copying and faxing confidential information.
- Distribute incoming mail and assist with office projects.
- Monitor the career center lab.
- Assist with events and other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, some college preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years office related experience.
- Excellent computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 Word, Excel, data entry, and ability to learn new software.
- Knowledge of basic office procedures and machines (e.g. copier, fax machine).
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with diverse population.
- Ability to communicate in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Experience with computerized appointment scheduling system a plus.
- Regular in person attendance is required for this job.
- Performs all duties while considering the impact of any actions on the college's sustainability initiatives in the areas of environmental stewardship, social responsibility and economic prosperity.
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Exercise good judgment while working independently and following office protocol.
- Professional demeanor, critical thinking skills, excellent communication skills and strong work ethic.
- Dependable, hardworking, flexible, ability to work as a team player and independent.
Hours Per Week: 25 hours
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:30AM-2:00PM
Compensation: $12/per hour
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Open Until Filled
Best Consideration: July 23, 2021
*Pre-employment criminal background investigation is a condition of employment.
Howard Community College (HCC) is an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer & values diversity within its faculty, staff & student population. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
HCC understands that persons with specific disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance with the job application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 443-518-1100.
Please submit the following:
- Completed Application (Candidates will be evaluated on completing the college's application in full)
- Resume/Cover Letter