Technology Service Center Reprographics Representative
Howard Community College (HCC) is an exciting place to work, learn, and grow! HCC has been awarded the distinction as a "Great College to Work for" since 2009 from The Chronicle of Higher Education.
Howard Community College values diversity among its faculty, staff and student population. We are an innovative institution that is committed to responding to the ever-changing needs and interests of a diverse and dynamic community. No matter where you want to go in your career, you can get there from here!
Howard Community College is seeking a Technology Service Center Reprographics Representative to join the User/Network Services Team in Columbia, MD.
- Organizes, schedules, prices and produces printed material for all users.
- Performs reprographic work.
- Operates a full range of high-speed photocopiers, folder, cutter, and heat-sealed book binding equipment.
- Provide the first level of technical support for faculty, staff, students and members of the public contacting the technology service center (TSC) via telephone, e-mail, the Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) portal and walk-ins.
- Evaluate and troubleshoot customer problems and provide immediate solutions, if practicable, or assign action to the appropriate second level IT department for resolution.
- Assist in creating trainings for the college community on IT initiatives and products.
- Provides assistance to customers on the availability and production of reprographic work.
- Receives copy in electronic form and uses software interface to digital copiers.
- Organizes work for production.
- Schedules work flow to allow for contingencies and completes all orders when required
- Ensures the proper and timely receipt of work orders and files sent electronically to the print shop.
- Ensures the print shop is fully stocked with all necessary supplies.
- Coordinates services call on copier equipment.
- Completes standard maintenance tasks on copiers, chemical replenishment, replace staple wire and cleaning of exterior.
- Answer and log TSC calls, providing a high level of customer service and detailed documentation.
- Assess problems and provide resolution or referral for a wide range of technical issues.
- Assist in documenting TSC procedures, processes and resolution for inclusion in the TSC knowledge management database.
- Consults with all levels of staff to assist in creating and designing printed materials
- Daily record keeping includes usage, breakdowns, service calls, and daily production counts.
- Enters cost of jobs and copy data into an Access Database for management reporting.
- Trains part-time employees on the use of reprographic equipment.
- Performs counter service, telephone coverage, and attends department meetings.
- Provides backup for Print Shop Supervisor during absences.
- Other duties as assigned.
- H.S. diploma or equivalent is required
- Six months of experience using and troubleshooting Windows-based computer systems, peripheral devices such as scanners and printers, and Microsoft Office and a variety of other software applications in a Windows network environment.
- Strong customer service skills and experience
- Associate degree in computer field
- Ability to operate high-speed copiers, three-hole paper drill, automatic paper cutter and knowledge of book binding processes.
Hours Per Week: 40 hours
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:30 - 5:00 pm
Compensation: $19.04/hr ($39,756 yearly)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Open Until Filled
Best Consideration: July 21, 2021
*Pre-employment criminal background investigation is a condition of employment.
As a participating member of the Maryland Retirement and Pension System, HCC offers two retirement options: The Pension, which requires a 7% employee contribution and The ORP, a 403(b) with a 7.25% employer contribution only. Employees in positions that do not require a bachelor's degree must participate in The Pension. Employees that possess a bachelor's degree and hold professional positions that require a bachelor's degree may choose to participate in either The Pension or The ORP.
Howard Community College (HCC) is an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer & values diversity within its faculty, staff & student population. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
HCC understands that persons with specific disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance with the job application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 443-518-1100.
HCC is interested in all qualified applicants who are eligible to work in the United States. However, HCC will generally not sponsor applicants for work visas. Due to our telework policy, only employees living in states contiguous to Maryland are eligible for telework and include Virginia, West Virginia, Washington DC, Pennsylvania. Candidates must live in the commutable area or willing to relocate at their own expense if offered the position because HCC does not offer relocation benefits.
Please submit the following:
- Completed Application (Candidates will be evaluated on completing the college's application in full)
- Cover Letter