Disability Services Accommodation Coordinator-2
- Master's degree in Rehabilitation Counseling, Social Work, Counseling, or directly related field.
- Experience working with adolescents and/or adults with disabilities.
- Knowledge of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) as amended, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
- Experience reading and interpreting disability related documentation for students.
- Specialized knowledge of vocational, psychosocial, and academic impact of a variety of disabilities.
- Experience working in higher education.
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills.
Coordinator for Disability Services:
Reporting to the Associate Director of Disability Services, the coordinator will directly advise students with disabilities, determine services and accommodations based on documentation, and serve as an advocate and liaison between students and campus departments. The coordinator is a key member of the Disability Services team.
Opportunities for impact:
Foster a sense of mattering and belonging
Through individual advising, the coordinator helps create welcoming environments that show students they belong at LSU and that LSU is an inclusive place for all students.
Develop programs for student success:
Retention and graduation are top priorities for LSU. The coordinator will assist with developing programs unique to students with disabilities that will improve retention and graduation rates.
Collaborate with faculty and staff partners:
Serving students with disabilities requires partnerships with faculty and staff on campus. The coordinator will collaborate with university partners to support student learning.
About the Division of Student Affairs Priorities:
Three priorities guide our work in the Division of Student Affairs: mattering & belonging, inclusion & access and quality. We believe creating a sense of mattering & belonging requires us to ensure every space, place, and interaction communicates to a student that they are home. Being inclusive and accessible in our work means that as our student body begins to more closely reflect the diversity of our state, it is our duty to design programs, services, events, and experiences with everyone in mind. Finally, a commitment to quality is rooted in the belief that LSU students deserve our best effort. Every interaction we have with them should communicate care, relevance, polish, and attention to detail.
Requested application materials include a letter of interest; curriculum vitae or resume; and the names, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses of at least three professional references. Salary will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications. An offer of employment is contingent on a satisfactory pre-employment background check.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Baton Rouge
- Business & Management Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Baton Rouge
- Other Business & Management Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Baton Rouge
- Education Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Baton Rouge
- Counsellor Education Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Baton Rouge