As a part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who
represent many faith systems and worldviews, Marian University
seeks an Administrative Assistant for Student Affairs and
Enrollment. Marian University’s Division of Health Professions is
seeking qualified applicants for the position of Administrative
Assistant. Reporting to the Assistant Dean of Student Affairs
and the Director of Enrollment Management, this position will
promote our Catholic Franciscan mission and identity by providing
clerical support in the functional areas of recruitment,
admissions, health records collection, applicant correspondence,
student event planning, and budgeting. This position is
focused on providing customer service and answering a variety of
student inquiries related to the admissions process and student
events. This position relies on instructions and pre-established
guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of
Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values and
honoring the legacy of the founding congregation through
transformative education, unity in diversity, leadership through
service, integrating faith and life, and institutional
- Data entry into Colleague.
- Greets students, parents, faculty, staff, and guests and
assists and/or gives assistance as required.
- Answers telephone, gives out information as appropriate, and/or
routes calls to appropriate person/office, takes messages as
- Receives and routes all incoming mail.
- Makes necessary arrangements for meetings including securing
rooms and arranging for special needs, i.e., speaker phone
equipment, A/V equipment, food/beverages as requested.
- Maintains the office filing system.
- Duplicates, collates, and distributes materials.
- Utilizes the university purchase order system to fulfill orders
and purchase requests.
- Serves as primary contact point for communicating about and
collecting all student health records and immunization
- Serves as primary contact point for university health insurance
- Assists students and student organizations with event request,
travel request, and purchase request needs.
- Orders general office supplies.
- Processes and maintains applicant materials. Responds to
prospective student questions.
- Helps with planning and delivery of in-person events including,
interviews, orientation and other events put on by the offices of
student affairs and/or the office of enrollment
- Knowledge of offerings and commitment to the mission of Marian
- An earned high school diploma or general education degree
- Three to five years related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent technology skills with proficiency in Microsoft
- Must be detail oriented, have strong oral and written
- Must demonstrate strong math aptitude; be a team player and be
- An earned bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until
the position is filled. Applications require a cover letter, a
current resume, contact information for three professional
references, and responses to the supplemental mission
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with
disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.