Administrative Assistant for Student Affairs and Enrollment
As a part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, Marian University seeks an Administrative Assistant for Student Affairs and Enrollment. Marian University’s Division of Health Professions is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Administrative Assistant. Reporting to the Assistant Dean of Student Affairs and the Director of Enrollment Management, this position will promote our Catholic Franciscan mission and identity by providing clerical support in the functional areas of recruitment, admissions, health records collection, applicant correspondence, student event planning, and budgeting. This position is focused on providing customer service and answering a variety of student inquiries related to the admissions process and student events. This position relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values and honoring the legacy of the founding congregation through transformative education, unity in diversity, leadership through service, integrating faith and life, and institutional policies.
- Data entry into Colleague.
- Greets students, parents, faculty, staff, and guests and assists and/or gives assistance as required.
- Answers telephone, gives out information as appropriate, and/or routes calls to appropriate person/office, takes messages as needed.
- Receives and routes all incoming mail.
- Makes necessary arrangements for meetings including securing rooms and arranging for special needs, i.e., speaker phone equipment, A/V equipment, food/beverages as requested.
- Maintains the office filing system.
- Duplicates, collates, and distributes materials.
- Utilizes the university purchase order system to fulfill orders and purchase requests.
- Serves as primary contact point for communicating about and collecting all student health records and immunization documents.
- Serves as primary contact point for university health insurance plan.
- Assists students and student organizations with event request, travel request, and purchase request needs.
- Orders general office supplies.
- Processes and maintains applicant materials. Responds to prospective student questions.
- Helps with planning and delivery of in-person events including, interviews, orientation and other events put on by the offices of student affairs and/or the office of enrollment management.
- Knowledge of offerings and commitment to the mission of Marian University.
- An earned high school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent technology skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Must be detail oriented, have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must demonstrate strong math aptitude; be a team player and be a self-starter.
- An earned bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications require a cover letter, a current resume, contact information for three professional references, and responses to the supplemental mission questions.
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Academic Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Academic Administration Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis