Psychologist, Diversity and Inclusion Focus
Psychologist, Diversity and Inclusion Focus
Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
George Mason University, Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) invites applicants for the position of full time (1.0 FTE) Staff Psychologist with a Diversity and Inclusion focus. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
About Counseling and Psychological Services:
Counseling and Psychological Services supports students through ethical and responsive care and prevention. We foster the well-being of the diverse Mason community through psychological, learning, outreach, and consultation services. We provide high-quality training to emerging mental health professionals. We are committed to excellence in psychological and learning services by promoting student safety, enhancing emotional growth, and supporting academic success.
About the Position:
In addition to providing clinical services, the Staff Psychologist, Diversity and Inclusion Focus, will coordinate the ongoing development and implementation of culturally inclusive training for our staff and trainees in CAPS. The successful candidate will have an understanding of the dynamics of privilege and oppression, and the impact these have on mental health. This will be combined with a comprehensive understanding of intersectionality and the lived experiences of diverse students.
- Assist with the development of the multicultural case conference for CAPS staff;
- Support the development and facilitation of the Multicultural Lab for psychology interns and/or externs;
- Provide leadership for the Diversity Committee for CAPS;
- Provide a range of clinical services including individual and group counseling, intakes, crisis intervention including after-hours consultation, and case management services;
- Provide consultation services to students/faculty/staff/family/others;
- Provide community education and outreach programming as needed;
- Participate in training activities such as providing individual supervision, co-leading and supervising therapy groups, providing trainee seminars, and contributing in the trainee selection processes;
- Work collaboratively and cooperatively with other mental health professionals on CAPS’ multidisciplinary staff and other university departments and organizations;
- Maintain current, accurate and timely clinical documentation in accordance with state and federal law, professional ethics, and CAPS policies;
- Participate on CAPS and university committees, as assigned.
- Graduation from an APA accredited Doctoral program in Clinical or Counseling Psychology prior to the employment start date;
- Completion of APA accredited internship prior to the employment start date;
- Licensure as a Psychologist in Virginia or ability to obtain licensure in Virginia within 6 months of hire (please note: Virginia does not require post-doctoral hours for licensure).
- Experience with brief individual psychotherapy and group psychotherapy;
- Evidence of multicultural competence and experience working with diverse populations;
- Experience coordinating training and/or professional development opportunities to support diversity, equity, and inclusion within a team setting.
- At least one year of experience providing mental health services to college students or late adolescents;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume clinical setting with clients presenting in acute distress;
- Experience providing clinical consultation with campus and/or key stakeholders;
- Experience providing clinical supervision.
Special Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number FA909z at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Fairfax
- Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Fairfax
- Counseling Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Fairfax
- Minority & Multicultural Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Fairfax