Salary: $19.43 Hourly
Job Number: 5987-c-07/21
Closing: 7/27/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
Location: Visalia, CA
Department: Cashier's Account Receivables
Under the direction of the Chief Accounting Officer, the Account Clerk performs a variety of cashiering and clerical duties. Reconciliation and maintenance of accounting records, support documents and financial and statistical reports within clearly established accounting systems and procedures. Incumbents in the Account Clerk classification perform routine accounting clerical duties of average difficulty within a structured system. This position is assigned to the Visalia Campus.
This is a part-time (20hours/week), 12-month position. Work hours will be M-F from 7:45 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.
College of the Sequoias Community College District serves a diverse community of learners and is a designated Hispanic Serving Institution. COS provides a wide range of opportunities in transfer, general education, career and technical programs for our students. We are dedicated to recruiting faculty who are committed to helping a diverse population of students achieve their educational goals. We seek candidates who exhibit an understanding and commitment to the community college mission, and who have a passion for student success.
The duties of the Account Clerk will include:
- Gather, assemble, sort, tabulate, check and file a variety of financial and statistical data...
- Process a variety of documents involved in financial transactions, such as requisitions and warrants, according to established procedures.
- Receive money for student fees, bus passes, Pharos, student services, cards and tickets to various events; prepare receipts and maintain records of receipts.
- Type and verify a variety of materials, such as checks, invoices, purchase order and warrants; distribute grant checks and payroll checks as required.
- Post, balance and adjust accounts; correct irregularities as necessary; assure that all data entered or posted is accurate and complete.
- Assemble financial and statistical data for various reports from files and records; assist in the preparation of financial and statistical reports as required.
- Maintain a variety of records, documents and files.
- Operate a variety of office machines including calculators, computers and typewriters; operate a cash register as needed for financial transactions.
- Clear cash registers as assigned; count and verify monies and prepare bank deposits.
- Perform various clerical duties, such as receiving and sorting incoming mail, and other materials, and filing.
- Utilize the District's integrated software in performing the required duties of the position.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Any combination equivalent to:
- Graduation from high school and
- One year of accounting clerical experience involving payroll, financial or statistical record-keeping.
- Office environment.
- Constant interruptions.
- Ability to communicate with students/employees/public.
- Ability to inspect financial documents.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended period of time
- Ability to lift light objects.
- Ability to operate a computer and office equipment.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Basic accounting practices and procedures.
- Modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Oral and written communications skills.
- Record-keeping techniques.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Telephone techniques and etiquette.
- Make arithmetic computations and tabulations with speed and accuracy.
- Maintain accurate financial and statistical records.
- Operate standard office machines such as typewriters and calculators.
- Operate a cash register.
- Learn office policies, rules and practices.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Type at 35 words net per minute from clear copy.
- Enter data on the computer using appropriate software.
- Perform clerical duties such as filing, typing and maintaining simple records.
- Meet schedules and time lines.
- Maintain records and prepare reports.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
Only complete applications will be evaluated, applicants must submit the following materiasl to be considered:
- Completed online application.
- Letter of Interest which addressing your interest in this position and the representative duties.
To apply, visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cos/jobs/3151807/account-clerk
COLLEGE OF THE SEQUOIAS COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: The College of the Sequoias Community College District is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. It is the District's policy to ensure that all qualified applicants for employment and employees have full and equal access to employment opportunity and are not subject to discrimination in any program or activity of the District on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, gender, color, language, accent, citizenship status, ancestry national origin, age, sex, religion, sexual orientation, transgender, parental status, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition, or on the basis of these perceived characteristics.