Associate Vice President - Information Technology
Founded in 1957 as Central Florida Junior College, CF has grown to become the higher education hub for Marion, Citrus and Levy counties. CF offers Associate in Arts, Associate in Science and bachelor’s degrees as well as certificates. With more than 150 academic pathways to choose from, our focus is on providing high-quality education that meets the needs of our community.
The Associate Vice President of Information Technology is responsible for effectively planning, managing, evaluating, and supervising the College’s administrative and instructional information technology systems. This leadership position will develop and implement the technology requirements to meet the College's mission and strategic plan as well as maintain the highest level of data integrity and system security.
The Associate Vice President has a strong technical background in IT infrastructure, data security, mobile platforms, and has a track record of managing the software development life cycle and introducing new product and services. This leadership role requires effective people management skills, effective engagement with senior management and the ability to successfully implement policies and systems that enable the college success.
At the College of Central Florida, our vision is to be “Your first choice for quality higher education.” We aim to accomplish this by providing a caring and exceptional learning environment that fosters the success of our students and community. Candidates considering becoming part of the CF family must be able to embrace and model this philosophy in their day-to-day responsibilities and demonstrate our standards: professional, responsive, informative, dependable and engaged.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide skilled leadership in identifying and solving business problems with technology tools.
- Plan and manage both the short-term and long-range implementation and use of technology in accomplishing College goals.
- Assist different levels of College management in the recommendation and setting of technology priorities.
- Provide technical and administrative direction to the development and maintenance of business intelligence reporting for administrative decision making and Federal and State reporting.
- Lead a College team to develop the short-range and long-range institutional technology plan.
- Utilize a project management approach to assure that technology projects are tracked from inception to successful completion within budget and on schedule.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of information security procedures utilizing multiple layers of control.
- Serve as the liaison between the College and technology vendors, external constituents and auditors, and other institutions regarding information systems issues and emerging trends.
- Lead and supervise all aspects of information technology staff and operations including network security and operations, end-user support, ERP and software development life cycle systems, and business intelligence systems.
- Represent the College in statewide task forces and meetings.
- Develop and administer the annual budget for information technology.
- Develop and maintain departmental standards and operational procedures to assure compliance with information security standards, separation of duties, programming and documentation standards, ERP database integrity, program testing and user acceptance, and continuity of operations and disaster recovery procedures.
- Requires regular and recurring overnight, out-of-district travel.
- Due to the scope of responsibility of this position and the need for the College to communicate both during the weekday and after regular work hours, the employee must possess a mobile phone and provide the number to Human Resources, and the Vice President of Administration and Finance.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
(These essential job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed.)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Acceptable eyesight (with or without correction).
- Acceptable hearing (with or without hearing aid).
- Ability to clearly communicate both orally and in writing on a telephone and on a computer workstation for extended periods of time.
- Routinely requires sitting at a desk and viewing a display screen for extended periods of time.
- Routinely requires walking, standing, bending, and reaching up.
- Routinely requires manual dexterity to operate standard office machines, such as, computer, copier, fax, calculator, telephone, and other equipment as necessary.
- Routinely requires light (up to 15 pounds) lifting and carrying.
- Works inside in an office environment on a tobacco-free campus.
(Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability.)
Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred, in the field of Computer Science, Information Technology, or Business Administration (the latter with a strong background in Management Information Systems).
Ten years or more of relevant experience including five years of progressively responsible management/leadership/supervisory experience of computer systems management, information technology, systems analysis and design, ERP systems implementation and upgrades, end-user support systems, and business intelligence reporting systems required.
Be a change agent with positive human relations skills. Communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with diverse functional areas and stakeholders both internal and external to the College. Effectively and economically manage and supervise information technology operations and staff including but not limited to end-user support, networking operations, management information systems, information security systems, and ERP software development life cycles; demonstrated project management skills; Lead and implement business process re-engineering projects; and the ability to work in partnership with internal and external stakeholders to accomplish the College mission and strategic plan.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Ocala
- Academic Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Ocala
- Instructional Technology & Design (Campus) Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Ocala
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Ocala
- Technology Administration/Other Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Ocala