The Center for Cell and Gene Therapy (CAGT) seeks an experienced
researcher with training in immunology and cell culture to assist
with developing novel approaches to cellular immunotherapy, and
translating research strategies into Good Manufacturing Practices
(GMP) compliant standard operating procedures (SOPs) for clinical
production, performing validations for new methods used for GMP,
writing and advising on the CMC sections of IND submissions.
May have to work after hours or weekends to complete urgent
- Work with Principal Investigator (PI) to design project-related
- Perform experiments involving immune cell culture and molecular
- Some animal work
- Develop new assays or methodologies for the lab
- Supervise and mentor other technologists in their work
- Maintain good record keeping
- Perform validations on new procedures on the research
- Perform comparisons between protocols and reagents as
- Write reports for PI as needed
- Write sections of the CMC sections of IND's
- Become acquainted with regulatory requirements for GMP and GLP
to ensure compliance
- Liaise with different groups to ensure adherence to
- Good communication and intrapersonal skills required
- Must be in communication at all times
- Master's degree in Basic Science or a related field. Experience
in lieu of degree will not be accepted.
- Three years of relevant experience typically as a Research
Assistant, Research Technician or Postdoctoral
- At least 5 years of experience in a biological field.
- Some experience primary cell culture.
- An understanding of immunology.
- Must be self-driven and motivated and will have to work
- Requires physical dexterity and reasonable strength.
- Involves working with human blood samples.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action/Equal Access Employer.