The Center for Cell and Gene Therapy (CAGT) seeks an experienced researcher with training in immunology and cell culture to assist with developing novel approaches to cellular immunotherapy, and translating research strategies into Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) compliant standard operating procedures (SOPs) for clinical production, performing validations for new methods used for GMP, writing and advising on the CMC sections of IND submissions.
May have to work after hours or weekends to complete urgent tasks.
- Work with Principal Investigator (PI) to design project-related experiments
- Perform experiments involving immune cell culture and molecular biology
- Some animal work
- Develop new assays or methodologies for the lab
- Supervise and mentor other technologists in their work
- Maintain good record keeping
- Perform validations on new procedures on the research floor
- Perform comparisons between protocols and reagents as required.
- Write reports for PI as needed
- Write sections of the CMC sections of IND's
- Become acquainted with regulatory requirements for GMP and GLP to ensure compliance
- Liaise with different groups to ensure adherence to patient-related protocols
- Good communication and intrapersonal skills required
- Must be in communication at all times
- Master's degree in Basic Science or a related field. Experience in lieu of degree will not be accepted.
- Three years of relevant experience typically as a Research Assistant, Research Technician or Postdoctoral Fellow/Associate.
- At least 5 years of experience in a biological field.
- Some experience primary cell culture.
- An understanding of immunology.
- Must be self-driven and motivated and will have to work independently.
- Requires physical dexterity and reasonable strength.
- Involves working with human blood samples.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston