Biology Faculty A&P - One Year Appointment
This is a one-year appointment for a full-time faculty member to teach Anatomy & Physiology courses with lectures and labs in-person, on campus, for Fall 2021 and Spring 2022. Duties include, but are not limited to, providing instruction as assigned; conducting and assessing instruction; developing and/or modifying curriculum; assisting students through academic advising; establishing, posting, and maintaining office hours; providing leadership for the development, growth, and support of the College and the assigned area. Other duties include supporting the mission, vision and values of the College and policies of the Board of Trustees; serving on various College committees, task forces and other groups; and participating in various official College ceremonies and meetings.
This is a 10-month, one-year faculty position scheduled to begin August 2021.
A master’s degree in biology or a closely-related field, with 18 graduate credit hours in biology, and one year of full-time college-level teaching or the equivalent adjunct teaching experience, preferably in a community college setting, are required.
Applicants must have:
- Experience teaching Anatomy & Physiology, including lecture & lab.
- Ability to assess student learning and report results for institutional accountability.
- Demonstrated competency and ability to utilize current technology and Learning Management Systems (LMS) to facilitate learning in a web-enhanced environment.
Candidates will be asked to validate teaching experience. A teaching demonstration will be part of the interview process.
Experience teaching in a community college is preferred.
Experience teaching with evidence-based practices and an ability to implement inclusive pedagogical practices is preferred.
Online applications accepted until the position is filled.
Harford Community College is committed to the principles of Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity. It is the policy of Harford Community College not to discriminate against applicants on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law with regard to any employment practices. HCC is an EEO and ADA/ADAA employer that values, embraces, and supports diversity in the College community.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bel Air
- Health & Medicine Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bel Air
- Other Health & Medicine Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bel Air
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bel Air
- Biology & Life Sciences Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bel Air