Part-time Faculty Nursing Instructor
Montgomery College is Maryland’s premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. Montgomery College is one of Maryland’s most diverse community colleges, which includes more than 164 nations represented in our student body. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success.
Job TitlePart-time Faculty Nursing Instructor
Job Description Summary
The Montgomery College, Takoma Park/Silver Spring Campus, is currently accepting applications for possible openings as a part-time faculty member teaching Nursing. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner.
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis . Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs. ***
- The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA” does not constitute an assignment.
- The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Management’s sole discretion.
- During the academic year part-time faculty at Montgomery College may teach no more than 11.5 ESH (equivalent semester hour) per semester and no more than 23 ESH per academic year.
- During summer part-time faculty at Montgomery College may teach no more than 10 ESH (equivalent semester hour) for both sessions combined.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clinical instruction in Medical/surgical nursing based on the needs of the students.
- Clinical rotations are one 12-hour day shift per week.
- Ability to tech clinical in a variety of locations within Montgomery or Prince George’s counties and/or in Washington DC.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree.
- Two years of clinical experience as a registered nurse.
- A current, unencumbered Maryland and/or DC Registered Nurse license or the ability to obtain a license before hire.
- Bedside nursing experience in a medical-surgical setting within the last two years.
- Successful candidates will have a demonstrated commitment to promoting diversity, inclusion, and multicultural competence in an educational and work environment and must be willing to contribute to the Colleges strategic plan of inclusion.
- Faculty members are expected to have access to a personal computer with virus protection that can connect to the internet outside of the work location (i.e., office, classroom, college campus)*. Montgomery College (MC) provides an MC e-mail account and access to the learning platform, password-protected faculty sections of the website, college listservs, and other faculty communications tools. *If you do not have access to a personal computer, please notify the department chair at the time of interview. Subject to available funds, the college may be able to provide temporary access to resources.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without a sponsor.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Master’s degree in nursing
Application Process :
- Click Here to apply online.
- Online applications must be received by October 1, 2021
- For consideration, you must:
Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
Submit a cover letter along with an un-official copy of your transcripts from your highest degree earned.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check and degree verification (if applicable). Must provide proof of US degree equivalency for international degrees.
Montgomery College is a tobacco and smoke-free environment
For disability related accommodations please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks in advance.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.
Closing DateFriday, October 1, 2021
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: email@example.com .
Two (2) weeks’ notice required to provide accommodations.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.