Assistant Vice President, Research Technology
Located in Orlando, Florida, the University of Central Florida is seeking an Assistant Vice President, Research Technology.
The Assistant Vice President for Research IT reports to the Vice President for Research and Dean of College of Graduate Studies and indirectly to the Vice President and Chief Information Officer and will serve as the highest interface with research administrators, researchers, campus-wide IT, and senior leadership to lead the technology strategy for Research and Graduate Studies to support the University’s mission of becoming a top 50 research university.
Duties of this position include but are not limited to:
Responsible for creating and executing strategic technology plan for advancing institution's research and graduate scholarship mission. Build and maintain relationships with various stakeholders in the institution and regularly engage with senior leadership (Provost, VPs, AVPs) on institutional-wide strategy and long-term investments.
Oversee, recruit, and retain a skilled team of personnel that provides a full stack of technology services to the Office of Research, College of Graduate Studies and the research community; research administration applications, graduate studies administration applications, research data analytics and reporting, and research cyberinfrastructure.
Oversee the effort within research computing which will support the technical requirements gathering, design and execution, budgeting, requests for proposals, vendor evaluations, procurement, vendor management, negotiation, project management, consulting engagements, policy and procedure development and enforcement.
Oversee the effort within research administration and graduate studies systems for technical requirements gathering, design and execution, budgeting, requests for proposals, vendor evaluations, procurement, vendor management, negotiation, project management, consulting engagements, policy and procedure development and enforcement.
Oversee the research and graduate education reporting efforts and research data warehouse, analytics and business intelligence (BI) initiative. Provide business intelligence to support university leadership with data driven decision making capability.
Implement and sustain information security and privacy to reduce the institutional risk and comply with federal and state regulations and the contractual obligations to ensure technology services are delivered in a secure yet accessible manner.
Create and sustain effective workgroups and chairs committees for faculty and other research personnel engaged in research to ensure their current and future technology in support of research computing, research administration, graduate education and analytics.
Partner with FSS, UCFIT, IKM, Colleges, Centers & Institutes, Faculty Clusters and other units at the University to support the research and graduate education technology needs. Partner with external vendors, peer institutions, and research and graduate education technology Higher Education user communities.
Continually assess all technical subject areas under the VPR for growth and future needs, and propose university-level initiatives to the support the VPR's strategic goals.
Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's or Master's degree and 10+ years relevant experience with at least 5+ years of leadership experience.
- Proven service management experience at a research institution utilizing standard service engagement techniques and practices.
- Demonstrated expertise with strategy and program building within a leading academic institution.
- Strong management skills and ability to establish training and development goals and objectives through directing and developing staff members.
- Thorough understanding of the academic culture of a research university and the relationship between central services and research services within schools and colleges.
- Demonstrated ability to build collaborative partnerships to improve, enhance or launch new services and support across an institution.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills to develop and maintain professional relationships with all levels of staff and faculty to include: campus leadership, department chairs, school/college deans, and faculty at all ranks as well as other directors and managers in academic partner units.
- Ability to convey knowledge to senior level technical and non-technical audiences and to influence outcomes to meet objectives.
- Leadership experience in the related areas of IT to include advanced understanding of issues around use of high-performance computing, high-performance networking, tools to support collaborative research, cloud storage and computing, and other technology used in the research arena.
- Knowledge of the local and national research computing space (e.g. shared HPC, VM and cloud computing, data storage infrastructure, research data management, digital humanities, visualization services, etc.).
- Demonstrated knowledge of systems integration and deploying complex systems integration solutions.
- Advanced degree in related field preferred.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Alafaya
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Alafaya
- Research Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Alafaya
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Alafaya
- Computer Services & Information Technology Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Alafaya