Cintas Operations Specialist 999199
Xavier University is part of the 500-year-old Jesuit Catholic Tradition of academic excellence in the liberal arts and is strongly committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. These values are central to our mission . We strive for a climate of respect and inclusiveness that welcomes and supports members from diverse backgrounds and life experiences, is committed to unreservedly to open and free inquiry and deliberately seeks out multiple perspectives.
Xavier Athletics seeks applications for a full time Operations Specialist.
PURPOSE: Independently, and collaboratively, perform labor intensive set-ups, re-sets and conversions for all arena events, athletic spaces, banquet room functions, and conference center use. Promptly respond to all event related, custodial and maintenance issues independently and cooperatively with multiple University departments, including Athletics, Physical Plant and Campus Police. Serve as a positive and welcoming representative of the Athletic Department and Xavier University to all visitors, customers and Xavier stakeholders. This is a full-time, event driven position which frequently requires front-line customer problem resolution; therefore, work hours are highly variable, and will require nights, weekends, shift rotations, mandatory overtime and a willingness to successfully resolve a wide array of unanticipated issues.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- According to given specifications, perform and complete all event set-ups, conversions, furniture moves, and normalized building re-sets.
- Respond to and resolve all operations-related requests from internal stakeholders including all athletic teams and athletic department members.
- Respond to and resolve all operations related requests from external stakeholders, including catering, concessions, and cleaning contractor.
- Identify and perform cleaning duties, as needed.
- Respond to and assist with any and all facility maintenance issues that arise. Evaluate and involve Physical Plant, Technical Services and/or cleaning contractor to resolve efficiently.
- Receive, store and distribute all event-related deliveries of customer and stakeholder materials.
- Perform snow removal and seasonal support functions as needed.
- Keep records of work performed, time and material used and report same on proper documents.
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment and follow all established safety practices and procedures.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma, GED, or trade school certification required; demonstrated maintenance and/or custodial skills, valid driver’s license and proof of insurability by Xavier’s insurance carrier; ability to lift 75 pounds, climb ladders, and read/work from diagrams.
Xavier Athletics is strongly committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. These values are central to our mission. Candidates who have worked with a diverse range of faculty, staff, and students and who can contribute to our mission are encouraged to identify their experiences and interests. Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To ensure consideration, interested/qualified applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information of three professional references on the Xavier University’s website by July 27, 2021 .
Xavier University offers competitive compensation and benefits to include tuition remission.