District Office at Dawson Technical Institute
City Colleges of Chicago (CCC) is made up of seven colleges, the largest community college system in Illinois and one of the largest nationally. We provide more than 80,000 students each year access to a quality, affordable education. CCC supports students in meeting their goals – whether that is pursuit of a credential to head into or advance in the workforce, an associate degree with the intention to transfer to a four-year college, free GED or ESL courses, or continuing education. CCC seeks candidates committed to our students’ success and offers a unique opportunity for faculty and staff to have a lasting impact in our students’ lives.
CCC’s Procurement Services oversee the purchase of a full array of goods and services including, but not limited to: books, printing services, computer equipment, furniture, office equipment and supplies, and a variety of construction and professional services. CCC aggressively seeks certified minority and women-owned businesses (M/WBE).
Reporting to the District Director of Business and Procurement Services, the Contract Administrator functions at the principal level, monitoring, including but not limited to, multiple and various types of vendor applications, contracts, Request For Proposal (RFP) submittal documents, business viability and solvency. The focus is on ensuring administrative compliance by vendors with the criteria established by City Colleges of Chicago.
• Monitors the firms that are actively participating on City Colleges of Chicago (CCC) contracts.
• Reviews Bid/RFP solicitations, vendor bids/proposals, and other submissions to ensure proper application of Procurement rules and policies.
• Reviews documentation for ownership verification, financial analysis, and background checks.
• Develops and implements a system for tracking, measuring, and evaluating vendor performance
• Provides regular reports on vendors update and analysis to District Director of Business and Procurement Services that many negatively impact CCC operations
• Provides assistance to vendors to facilitate understanding and awareness of CCC’s administrative procurement policies.
• Participates in workshops, seminars, outreach and networking sessions.
• Participates in pre-bid/pre-submittal conferences
• Interprets and explains the guidelines of the Vendor application program to potential vendors
• Investigates complaints and allegations of MWBE non-compliance
• Conducts dispute resolution for MWBE compliance issues; prepares detailed summaries and reports.
• Adheres to CCC Customer Service Excellence Standards.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Reports To: Dist Dir-Business and Procurement Services
Direct Supervision: None
• Associates degree or equivalent education from an accredited college or university in Business Administration or a related field.
• Five years of experience in procurement or vendor relationships, preferably in a higher education and/or public sector.
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access etc).
• Knowledge of PeopleSoft 9.2 ERP Solution.
• Ability to conduct contract monitoring reviews and evaluations.
• Ability to prepare detailed compliance reports.
• Ability to interpret contract compliance requirements to potential and current vendors.
• Ability to work with vendors and CCC staff to resolve contract compliance deficiencies.
• Ability to meet deadlines in a timely manner.
• Knowledge of construction project management software preferred.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be self-directed and innovative and able to assess current operations in an effort to improve the future goals of the District.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Other Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago