Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion-College of Sciences
The College of Sciences at the Georgia Institute of Technology (Alanta, Georgia) is pleased to announce an opening for the Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI). The Director of DEI is responsible for advancing, supporting, and evaluating activities across the College that increase the diversity of our community, ensure equity, and promote a culture of inclusiveness. Specific key responsibilities include but are not limited to the:
- Evaluation and modification, as needed, of existing programs and practices, and the development of new programs and practices, in order to advance the College’s commitment to inclusive excellence for faculty, staff and students. Leadership in program assessment is expected.
- Leadership of the DEI work across the College in alignment with the College’s 2020-2030 Strategic Plan and the recommendations of the 2020-2021 Task Force on Racial Equity.
- Support and alignment of DEI activities across and within each of the six schools of the College. These activities include collaboration on staff, student, postdoc, research scientist, and faculty recruitment and retention efforts, and programming that supports student success.
- Building of internal and external collaborations across Georgia Tech and with colleges/universities and foundations with a focus on the greater Atlanta area and neighboring universities. Collaborations such as with the Office of the Vice President for Institute Diversity, and other colleges and units across campus, in order to strengthen the College’s DEI work and to share its successes.
- Advancement and growth of DEI activities by leading the pursuit of external funding, managing internal funding, and by providing strategic advice and input to CoS faculty and staff leading proposals for DEI activities.
- Representing the College of Sciences through service on committees, task forces, and working groups that relate to diversity, equity and inclusion.
Directors in the College also serve as advisors to the dean’s office community on a wide range of matters, including strategic planning, resource allocation, communication, and development.
Criteria for the position: A terminal degree, preferably in a natural or social science, is highly desirable. Several years of work experience related to DEI, programmatic assessment, and success at obtaining external funding for DEI activities are also desirable. Candidates are expected to have excellent communication skills and a demonstrated commitment to collaboration.
Applicants meeting these criteria will be given full consideration for this full-time non-tenure track faculty position. Interested persons are encouraged to submit a CV, a letter of interest that describes the candidate’s relevant experience for the position, and the names of three references at https://b.gatech.edu/3wnfGAD
Application deadline: September 15, 2021. Applicant confidentiality will be guaranteed up to the finalist stage. Priority will be given to those who apply by August 15, 2021.
Questions can be addressed to Dr. Jennifer Leavey, Assistant Dean email@example.com
Georgia Tech provides equal opportunity to all faculty, staff, students, and all other members of the Georgia Tech community, including applicants for admission and/or employment, contractors, volunteers, and participants in institutional programs, activities, or services. Georgia Tech complies with all applicable laws and regulations governing equal opportunity in the workplace and in educational activities. Georgia Tech prohibits discrimination, including discriminatory harassment, on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status in its programs, activities, employment, and admissions. This prohibition applies to faculty, staff, students, and all other members of the Georgia Tech community, including affiliates, invitees, and guests.
More searches like this
- Administrative Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Business & Administrative Affairs Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Student Affairs Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Minority & Multicultural Affairs Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Atlanta