Accredidation - Associate Dean of Quality Assurance and Accreditation
Associate Dean of Quality Assurance and Accreditation
University of Medicine and Health Sciences, St. Kitts
Location is full time in St. Kitts, BWI
Position Start Date: September 1, 2021
The University of Medicine and Health Sciences, a modern state of the art medical school on the Island of St. Kitts, is seeking a candidate that must have significant experience as an administrator at a medical school, preferably in the United States, Canada, or the U.K. The Associate Dean of Quality Assurance and Accreditation will oversee and be responsible for compliance and quality improvement activities of the University of Medicine and Health Sciences medical education program in St. Kitts. The candidate should have significant experience in maintaining and ensuring compliance with LCME and ACCM accreditation standards (both as written and applied). The candidate will also be responsible to ensure that the University is in compliance with St. Kitts and ACCM accreditation standards as well as various State Approvals, and will assist in any future accreditations or state reviews.
The candidate will develop compliance monitoring systems, collect and analyze data, and provide recommendations for quality improvement. The Associate Dean will also assist in developing the annual institutional Self Study and Database, which are required by multiple accreditors, as well as various states). The Associate Dean will interact with Administration as well as appropriate faculty on an ongoing basis.
The position serves on the strategic planning committee. As such, the position develops measurable metrics and assessment tools to evaluate the quality of educational activities and student experience on an ongoing basis. Finally, the position will assist in the development and carrying out of short and long-range planning goals related to compliance and quality.
The candidate will possess a broad knowledge of health professions including educational concepts, curriculum, and competencies of undergraduate medical education. In addition, the position will require a broad knowledge of campus and university policies and processes. Finally, the candidate will need knowledge of relevant US Federal and St. Kitts’s laws and regulations including national accrediting organizations and state and federal licensing and regulatory offices.
The candidate must have a history of training in LCME/ACCM and higher education accreditation processes. The candidate should have significant experience in maintaining and ensuring compliance with LCME and ACCM accreditation standards both as written and applied. The candidate must have demonstrated experience in developing continuous quality improvement systems and procedures. Also, the candidate must have the ability to collaborate within and across health professions to integrate/ coordinate program activities and resolve problems.
The candidate must have demonstrated experience in effectively managing multiple priorities in a complex, challenging environment and adaptability and flexibility in handling change. In addition, the candidate the ability to organize program operations and sites in an efficient and effective manner through improving health professions education program processes, procedures, and systems.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience preferably in a US medical school,
- Possess an M.D. or Ph.D. in a science field with additional training in education administration having responsibility for accreditation and quality control.
- The candidate shall report to and serve at the pleasure of the Dean of Basic Science Program with a dotted line to the Provost (Chief Academic Officer). Depending upon the candidate there may be opportunity to teach and assist the Dean in other administrative responsibilities.
- Verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate through all mediums and with all groups is a must.
- The candidate needs in-depth knowledge of educational software and technologies to support continuous accreditation, including curriculum mapping and compliance monitoring systems.
Salary will be based on training and experience.
Interested applicants should send a recent resume to
and as well to email@example.com
Please see our website at:
UMHS-sk.org and take a video tour of the campus.
Apply for Accredidation - Associate Dean of Quality Assurance and Accreditation
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Administrative Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Academic Affairs Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Academic Administration Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Accreditation Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Kitts and Nevis