Major Gifts Officer
Careers At Sidwell Friends School
Welcome to the Human Resources Department at Sidwell Friends School. Sidwell Friends prides itself in offering a high quality educational experience to those who will lead the next generation. To that end, we are seeking qualified individuals with the knowledge, skills and abilities to enhance the student experience at Sidwell Friends. We encourage you to review the job postings below and to contact us for additional information.
Major Gifts Officer Department: Office of School Advancement Location: Washington, DC
Position Start Date: Immediately
REPORTS TO: Senior Director of Individual Giving
The Major Gifts Officer works to build and enhance relationships with all constituents for the purpose of increasing philanthropic support to Sidwell Friends School. The Major Gifts Officer is responsible for qualifying, cultivating, and soliciting major gifts ($100,000+) and Annual Fund leadership gifts ($10,000-$50,000), seeking commitments in support of a comprehensive capital campaign. She/he will work with prospective donors to determine their philanthropic interests related to the schools fundraising goals through the Annual Fund, Endowment, Capital, and Planned Giving Programs. The Major Gifts Officer is expected to travel locally and long distance.
- Partner with the Senior Director of Individual Giving to
determine strategies and action steps needed to identify, qualify,
cultivate, and solicit major gift donors.
- Collaborate with senior leaders and campaign counsel on a
comprehensive capital campaign.
- Manage a personal portfolio of approximately 150+ parents and
alumni to ensure that timely steps are taken toward qualification,
cultivation, solicitation, and closure of major gift
- Plan and execute a target of 120+ prospective donor visits per
- Develop and implement individual strategies for cultivating and
soliciting major and planned giving gift prospects for initiatives
approved by the Board of Trustees. Prepare and submit moves
management goals that contain specific timelines, projected
results, and outcomes.
- Work with donors on multiple giving methods including current
and deferred giving.
- Create inspiring gift proposals through a working knowledge of
Sidwell Friends Schools educational programs in order to
effectively articulate the Schools priorities and fundraising
objectives to donors.
- Document all activity in the database and track personal and
- Achieve personal fundraising and activity goals monthly,
quarterly, and annually.
- Attend all appropriate Advancement meetings as well as other
school-related events as appropriate.
- Work collaboratively with the School Advancement staff to
ensure appropriate coordination and communication.
The position requires a bachelors degree or higher and a candidate with strong interpersonal, oral and written communication, and database skills. Two years of experience in successfully cultivating and personally soliciting major gifts and experience with planned gifts is preferred. Proven record of accomplishment in face-to-face solicitations and experience managing volunteer partners is also preferred. Knowledge of educational fundraising culture is an asset and experience with higher education moves management systems is preferred. This staff person should have the ability to work independently and as a member of a team in a fast-paced environment and be able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks effectively and efficiently. Significant travel is required
As a condition of employment, all employees hired after August 1, 2021 are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and able to provide proof of such vaccination. To make application for a medical or religious exemption, please contact the Human Resources Department.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Financial Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Development & Advancement Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.