Vacancy Number: S-00766 Position Title: Dishwasher/Utility (Part-Time) Classification Title: Department: Auxiliary Services Employment Type: Part-Time Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities:
AUM Campus Dining, within the Division of Campus/Auxiliary Services, at Auburn University at Montgomery is seeking to fill a Dishwasher/Utility position. The Dishwasher/Utility will be a fundamental team member of Campus Dining which delivers nutritional food options through various venues.
A successful candidate should possess an attention to detail, have a team spirit, the ability to multi-task, work efficiently under pressure, and maintain a sense of urgency.
- Ensure the cleanliness of all dishes, glasses, utensils, pots and pans, and related food preparation/serving items and equipment in accordance with sanitation and safety guidelines.
- Operate dish machine per approved guidelines. Check all items for cleanliness and stores clean/dry items in their appropriate areas.
- Disposes of garbage in proper manner as set forth by supervisor, ensuring dumpster lids remained closed.
- Clean floors area of any spillage of liquid, garbage, and other spills.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work station at all times.
- Keep work area properly stocked, must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds for short distances.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the General Manager or Chef.
- Other duties as assigned which may include, but not limited to:
o Assists in the preparation of food items.
o Assists with special events as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Follows detailed instructions and procedures.
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks.
- Able to meet physical demands such as lifting at least 50 lbs. as well as standing on your feet for up to 8 hours.
High school diploma or equivalent vocational training certificate.
Job Open Date: 06/28/2021 This posting will remain open until closed: Yes Job Close Date: Salary Band: Special Instructions to Applicants:
Auburn University at Montgomery is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity and encourages applications from historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Auburn University at Montgomery reserves the right once interviewing has begun to stop accepting applications. About the University/College
Located in Alabama’s vibrant state capital, Auburn University at Montgomery is a fast-growing university on the rise. Don’t just take our word for it: The Princeton Review rates us as one of the best colleges in the Southeast, while U.S. News & World Report recently ranked us No. 22 among regional universities in the South for the quality of undergraduate teaching and 38th among all public institutions in the region. Auburn University at Montgomery is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity; therefore, we encourage applications from historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Additionally, the safety and security of our campus community is a top priority. All employees at AUM are considered to be Responsible Employees and have the duty to immediately report information that has the potential to adversely impact safety or wellness on our campus. Quick Link https://www.jobs.aum.edu/postings/4871 Position Profile Link Applicant Documents
Required Documents Optional Documents Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).