Admissions Senior Assistant Director - Colorado or Out of State Recruitment
The Office of Admissions at CU Boulder encourages applications for the Senior Assistant Director of Colorado Recruitment or the Senior Assistant Director of Out-of-state Recruitment positions. These positions report to the Associate Director of First Year Recruitment. Both of these positions are members of the senior leadership team within First Year Recruitment team which involves significant leadership and participation in the development and administration of admission policies and procedures and the management and coordination of admission-related programs and activities. The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to contributing to the recruitment strategy of the first-year student class and managing, training and supervising admission counselors and/or regional admissions staff.
These positions will oversee the Colorado First Year Recruitment Team or Out of State First Year Recruitment Team. This includes providing mentorship and leadership to staff, promoting and leading professional development activities, analyzing and reporting on statistical data related to targeted recruitment and proposing and implementing appropriate action plans in response to such data.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
As one of only 36 U.S. public research institutions in the Association of American Universities (AAU), the University of Colorado Boulder is about realizing the positive impacts of new knowledge.
From offering dozens of exciting programs in a range of academic fields, to serving as one of the world’s most dynamic research and innovation hubs, to working closely through hundreds of public outreach efforts with communities across Colorado and the world, we take pride in helping our students, faculty, staff and partners turn new insights into productive outcomes that change lives.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Responsible for planning, implementation, and assessment of either Colorado or Out of State recruitment efforts.
- Manage, train, supervise and evaluate professional and nonprofessional staff members including student staff.
- Participate in staff development activities such as university workshops, conferences and programs, and state and national professional organizations.
- Provide direct supervision of professional staff members in the recruitment, evaluation and enrollment of students to the University.
- Support staff with professional development opportunities.
- Provide admissions related information to prospective students from assigned territory by telephone, in-office appointments and virtually.
- Participate in admission recruitment programs.
- Serve on admission committees in the admission decision process.
- Interpret and implement admission policies and procedures, the evaluation of application and educational records and the rendering of admission decisions.
What You Should Know
This position requires significant evening and weekend work, along with extensive recruitment travel.
What We Can Offer
- The salary is $55,000.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Authentic. Be Challenged. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute.
- 2+ years of job related experience.
- A valid driver's license.
What You Will Need
- Ability to work well with high school and college age students from all backgrounds and experiences.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong public speaking skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Extensive overnight, evening and weekend work is required.
- A passion for results and the ability to work both collaboratively and independently in a team-focused and heavily performance driven environment are crucial.
- Ability to work in a team environment of trust, inclusivity and collaboration with attention to detail.
- Ability to network with constituents and to form lasting relationships with campus offices and organizations.
What We Would Like You To Have
- 5 years of progressively more responsible and independent management experience in a collegiate admissions office.
- Proven experience working with people from a diverse set of backgrounds.
- Proven experience working with top scholar populations.
- Proven experience in education outreach to historically
excluded student populations and supporting
To apply, please submit the following materials:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by July 25, 2021, for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Human Resources Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder