Community Engagement Program Associate
University Program Associate
Community Engagement Program Associate
CHHS - Dean's Office - 31500
Primary Purpose of Organizational Unit
This position is assigned to the Community Engagement Team, with significant responsibility to the Center for Workforce Development within the College of Health and Human Services ( CHHS ). The Center for Workforce Development reports to the CHHS Assistant Dean for Community Engagement and is a support unit that provides external continuing education and professional development programming, student experiential learning opportunities, and special workforce development programming to support to all the units of the CHHS .
The College of Health and Human Services ( CHHS ) is an interdisciplinary and integrated academic unit that includes three professional schools: the School of Nursing, the School of Social Work, and the School of Health and Applied Human Sciences. The CHHS has a permanent operating budget of approximately $26M and approximately 275 employees. The Community Engagement Team is responsible for ensuring that center resources, external relationships, and community-based grants are well managed, monitored and ensure that appropriate service is provided to our internal and external customers.
CHHS - Dean's Office - 31500 College
The University of North Carolina Wilmington, the state’s coastal university, is dedicated to the integration of teaching, mentoring, research and service. Widely acknowledged for its world-class faculty and staff and continuously recognized at a national level for scholarly excellence and affordability, UNCW offers a powerful academic experience that stimulates creative inquiry and critical thinking and a community rich in diversity, inclusion and global perspectives.
A public institution with nearly 18,000 students, UNCW offers a full range of baccalaureate- and graduate-level programs, as well as doctoral degrees in educational leadership, marine biology, nursing practice and psychology; and many distance learning options, including clinical research, an accelerated RN-to- BSN program, an Executive M.B.A. program structured for working professionals, and the nation’s only bachelor’s degree program focused on coastal engineering.
The university’s efforts to advance research and scholarly activities have earned UNCW the elevated designation of “Doctoral Universities: High Research Activity” institution (R2 University) by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education.
UNCW has been part of the University of North Carolina System since 1969.
Location of Workplace
Main UNCW Campus
Brief Summary of Work for this Position
This position is responsible for assisting in training and workforce development programming for the College of Health and Human Services through the CHHS Office of Community Engagement.
• Assists in the coordination of day to day activities in the Center for Workforce Development
• Assists in assessing training and workforce needs
• Develops and distributes marketing materials and contracts
• Assists in the planning and development of programming for the Health Equity Fellowship
• Performs research, basic internet queries, and prepares data reports
• Manages a student mentorship program including planning, implementation, and evaluation
• Assists in administering and overseeing rentals of a collaborative workspace
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
Preferred education, professional skills and experience
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in a health and human services, education, or related field
• Prior experience with program development, management, and evaluation
• Previous experience working with health-related agencies and subject matter experts including faculty
• Proficient in Qualtrics and Canvas
• A minimum of at least one year of professional experience in community engagement, nonprofit, education, public health, or similar sector
• Proficiency in MS Office including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word
• Knowledge of learning management systems, project management, adult and online learning principles, and program evaluation
Required Certifications or licensure
$37,203 - $44,218
1.0 (40 hours per week)
Months Per Year
Monday - Friday
8:00AM - 5:00PM
Type of Position
Anticipated Ending Date if Time-Limited
Job Posting Date
Posting Close Date
Special Notes to Applicants
This position is time-limited with the possibility of continuation pending availability of funds and department need.
PLEASE NOTE : This posting will close at 11:59PM (Eastern time) on the posted closing date. To receive full consideration, please be sure you have fully completed the entire application before you apply for this position. Failure to answer all required questions will cause the system to disqualify your application.
For more info/to apply visit http://jobs.uncw.edu. Applications must be submitted through the online application system to be considered.
You will be required to attach a cover letter and resume to successfully apply for this position. To receive full consideration, please be sure you have completed the ‘Work History’ section of the application before you apply for this position.
This position is being recruited at the Journey level. If no applicants apply who meet the required competency and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.
At the University of North Carolina at Wilmington ( UNCW ), our culture reflects our values of inclusion, diversity, globalization, ethics and integrity and innovation and we are committed to providing equality of educational and employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, sex (such as gender, gender identity, marital status, childbirth, and pregnancy), age, color, national origin (including ethnicity), religion, disability, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran status, military service member status, genetic information, or relationship to other university constituents – except where sex, age, or ability represent bona fide educational or occupational qualifications or where marital status is a statutorily established eligibility criterion for State funded employee benefit programs. UNCW believes that embracing the unique contributions of our faculty, staff and students is critical to our success and paramount in being recognized for our global mindset.
Eligibility for Employment
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. UNC Wilmington participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
External Link to Posting
- Cover Letter
- List of 3 Professional References
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn of this opportunity with UNC Wilmington
- UNCW Website
- UNCW Facebook Page
- UNCW Linkedin Page
- UNCW Twitter Account
- UNCW Employee Referral
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Higher Ed Jobs
- Hispanic Outlook
- Inside Higher Ed
- North Carolina Job Network
- Women In Higher Education
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Wilmington
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Wilmington
- Human Development & Family Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Wilmington
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Wilmington
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Wilmington