POSITION: Student Financial Services Coordinator
Staff / Full Time
40 Hours Monday - Thursday 8:00 a.m. 5:00 p.m. /
Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Director of Student Financial Services
The Student Financial Services Coordinator is responsible for
coordinating the billing and accounts receivable functions in the
Office of Financial Services. The Student Financial Services
Coordinator must provide exceptional service and collaborate with
other student service departments to ensure seamless and consistent
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION / CERTIFICATION /
- Process and post billing related to tuition and fees, room and
board, parking, food services, bookstore, and miscellaneous
- Process and record student and non-student account receivable
payments, accurately process, record and reconcile cash receipts,
process credit card payments in accordance with privacy
- Work with LIS to ensure student financial information is
accurate and up to date.
- Collaborate with Financial Aid representatives in providing
one-stop student service regarding financial matters in the Office
of Student Financial Services.
- Determine eligibility for refunds and tuition
- Work with 3rd party servicers as it relates to payment plans,
PERKINS loans, tax documentation, and rejected transactions.
- Add/Remove account restrictions as appropriate.
- Coordinate the Unsatisfactory Balance process.
- Post Veteran grant payments.
- Assist with account adjustments for bankruptcy and other
settlements and management of accounts assigned to collection
- Assist in development and maintenance of departmental policies
- Provide exceptional customer service in all job
- Resolve basic questions and communicate payments and check-in
process completion steps to students, in person, over the phone,
- Maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Assume additional duties as assigned by immediate
SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, and administration
or related field.
- Minimum of 3-12 months in Student Services or Customer
- Understanding of Accounts receivable and collections processes
- Business planning - organize financial data, develop, and
follow systematic approach to tracking finances.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) basic
- Ability to learn technological applications.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to relate effectively with students, staff members, and
- Ability to work in a fast paced, highly quality-focused service
environment with excellent organizational skills and a professional
- Ability to take directions and use independent judgement.
- Ability to work in a safe and secure work environment that may
periodically have unpredicted requirements or demands.
- Commitment and respect for diversity.
- Commitment to Carthage College mission and goals.
- Ability to perform all of the essential functions, skills, and
specifications of the position.
Founded in 1847, Carthage College combines an environment of
reflection and self-discovery with a culture of high expectation,
so that our students uncover and ignite their true potential. As a
four-year private liberal arts college with roots in the Lutheran
tradition, we place a strong emphasis on both moral and
intellectual values. Our prime location in Kenosha, Wisconsin,
midway between Chicago and Milwaukee, allows students the
opportunity to learn in a professional context. Our beautiful
campus, an 80-acre arboretum on the shore of Lake Michigan is home
to 150 scholars, 2,600 full-time students, and 400 part-time
students. Our rich academic experience equips students with
foundational knowledge and skills, preparing graduates to be
lifelong learners and to lead meaningful, productive lives.
Carthage College is an equal opportunity employer (EOE)
dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse community.
We welcome applications from a broad spectrum of people, including
members of ethnic minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with
disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex,gender expression, gender identity, sexual
orientation,national origin, protected veteran status or
status as an individual with a disability.