Infant Room Co-Teacher
Shenandoah University’s Child Care center is seeking applicants for an Infant Room Co-Teacher . This is a full time, benefited position located in Winchester, VA.
- Maintain safe, positive, clean, and nurturing environment for infants, young children, and their parents. Meet basic and individual needs of all children in care.
- Follow daily routine of each child:
- document all aspects of the child’s day;
- develop and implement weekly lesson plans;
- feed, diaper and interact with all children;
- take children outside daily;
- communicate with parents about their child’s day;
- clean and sanitize toys, cribs and highchairs;
- stock and maintain diapers, wipes and ointment daily;
- learn and implement licensing regulations.
Have effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, great thinking skills, ability to focus on multi-tasks, cope with high stress levels, maintain confidentiality, must be able to lift at least 50 pounds, have physical dexterity, and have the ability to reach arms above head. Must be willing to receive annually 16 in-service hours, CPR and First Aid, MAT training and attend staff meetings.
Shall be at least 18 years of age, have fulfilled a high school program completion and meet one of the following:
- Have three months of programmatic experience and at least one
of the following educational backgrounds:
- A one-year early childhood certificate from a college or university that consists of at least 30 semester hours;
- A current infant/toddler CDA
How to Apply:
The complete application will include a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until a qualified candidate is selected.
**Note: A pre-employment background check and drug screen will be required as a condition of hire. If the job requires driving for University business, a satisfactory driving record will be required as well.
At this time, SU is requiring that individuals within certain groups specifically those who have high levels of contact with others at the university or pose a greater risk to our community to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by August 1 for Fall 2021 or have at least the first dose by June 1 for groups that will be in person this summer (with full vaccination following as soon as possible), unless they have a SU-approved medical or religious exemption
Shenandoah University values the unique and diverse perspectives of individuals and communities locally and globally and seeks to foster mutual understanding in an inviting community where individuals are welcome and respected. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or on any other basis protected under applicable law.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Winchester
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Winchester
- Human Development & Family Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Winchester
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Winchester
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Winchester