Director of Academic Computing Technology
Shenandoah University’s Academic Computing Technology department is accepting applications for the Director of Academic Computing Technology. This is a full-time benefited position located on our main campus in Winchester, Virginia.
Responsibilities include the following:
Plan and implement the classroom technologies necessary to support a world-class teaching and learning environment to include both face-to-face and distance education course delivery modes.
Administer contracts and purchasing associated with academic technologies to include; Canvas, Zoom, Turnitin, Examsoft
Zoom Enterprise management for 6500 users to include university webinars, account support, and event support.
Continuously re-evaluate emerging technologies to assess opportunities and find cost effective solutions.
Work closely with end users to ensure that needs are met and to provide support and development opportunities.
Engage in professional development as needed to maintain cutting edge skill levels.
Hire, train, and supervise ACT personnel.
Plan, manage, and administer the ACT budget.
Supervise ACT purchasing and work with vendors to negotiate ACT software and service contracts.
Supervise the support of the technologies needed for university sponsored events.
Supervise the installation, maintenance, repair, and upgrades of classroom and event support technologies.
Implement, manage, and support the university's digital signage system.
Supervise the loan of university media equipment.
Collaborate with other university units as needed to include:
- Institutional Computing: coordinate and collaborate on classroom hardware, software. and network needs
- Physical Plant: advise on the configuration of classroom spaces
- Transformative Teaching and Learning: coordinate as to the choice of instructional technologies
Provide periodic reports to the Associate Provost.
Other duties as required.
The Director of Academic Computing Technology at Shenandoah University is a forward-thinking individual with a broad range of technical abilities and experiences. The successful candidate for this position must have:
- experience with most forms of classroom technology to include video teleconferencing, lecture capture, and audio and projection systems
- working knowledge of industry standards
- the ability to plan, assess, and manage Shenandoah University's 160+ classrooms and other technology enhanced spaces at five different physical locations
- excellent communication and employee management skills and a strong customer service ethic
The ideal candidate holds a master’s degree in education, instructional technology, or a related discipline and has 3+ years’ experience working in higher education.
How to Apply:
The complete application will include a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until a qualified candidate is selected.
Shenandoah University is committed to enriching its educational experience and culture through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff. All candidates are strongly encouraged to include a statement in their cover letters addressing ways in which they may be able to contribute to that commitment.
**Note: A pre-employment background check and drug screen will be required as a condition of hire. If the job requires driving for University business, a satisfactory driving record will be required as well.
At this time, SU is requiring that individuals within certain groups specifically those who have high levels of contact with others at the university or pose a greater risk to our community to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by August 1 for Fall 2021 or have at least the first dose by June 1 for groups that will be in person this summer (with full vaccination following as soon as possible), unless they have a SU-approved medical or religious exemption.
Shenandoah University prohibits discrimination against and harassment of any employee or any applicant for employment because of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal or state law.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Winchester
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Winchester
- Instructional Technology & Design Not specified Full Time jobs in Winchester
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Winchester
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Winchester