Lecturer-Pool Faculty of Kinesiology-up to 5 positions to be
Commensurate with education and experience.
College of Health Sciences
Dept of Kinesiology
Assistant to the Chair
Sam Houston State University
Department of Kinesiology
Huntsville, TX 77341
Duties Performed in the Usual Course of the Job
The Department of Kinesiology at Sam Houston State University (
SHSU ) invites applications from a diverse group of qualified
applicants for a Lecturer-Pool Faculty of Kinesiology. The
Lecturer-Pool Faculty will teach undergraduate or graduate courses
within the Department of Kinesiology, dependent upon an applicant’s
academic background and experience.
The Department of Kinesiology at SHSU seeks to recruit and retain a
diverse faculty. Qualified applicants with experience in diverse
settings and/or who demonstrate a commitment to serving diverse
student populations are strongly encouraged to apply.
Educational Requirements for the Position
Requires a minimum of Master’s degree in related field for
lower-level course offerings. Candidates must have their degree
completed by their contract start date.
Experience Required for the Position
Teaching experience preferred.
Other Requirements for the Position
Special Instructions Summary
Please upload all required supplemental documentation to your
Open Until Filled
Sam Houston State University is an Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and Smoke/Drug-Free
Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, creed, ancestry, marital status,
citizenship, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran
status, disability status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, or gender
identity or expression. Sam Houston State University is an “at
will” employer. Employees with a contract will have additional
terms and conditions. Security sensitive positions at SHSU require
background checks in accordance with Education Code § 51.215.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn about this position?
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- HBCU Connect - Historically Black Colleges and
- HACU - Hispanic Association of Colleges & Universities
- The Journal of Blacks in Higher Education
- Association for Women in Science
- TWC - Work in Texas
- Inside Higher Ed
- Higher Ed Jobs
- HERC - Higher Education Recruitment Consortium
- SHSU Website
- SHSU Employee
- If your response to the question above was 'Other' please
indicate from what source.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you available to teach during the day?
- * Are you available to teach during the evening?
- * Please indicate your teaching availability.
- Face-to-Face Only
- Online Only
- Face-to-Face and Online
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae (Faculty)