To create a Posting, first complete the information on this screen,
then click the 'Next' button or select the page in the left hand
navigation menu. Proceed through all sections completing all
necessary information. To submit the Posting to Human Resources,
you must go to the 'Posting Summary Page' by clicking on the 'Next'
button until you reach the Posting Summary Page or select Posting
Summary Page from the left navigation menu. Once a summary page
appears, hover your mouse over the orange Action button for a list
of possible approval step options.
Admissions Coordinator of Communications and Technology
Coordinator of Communication and Technology
8:15-4:30 M-F and select weekends and evenings.
Hours per Week
Months per Year
Commitment to Inclusive Excellence
Northern Kentucky University is an Equal Opportunity/Equal
Access/Affirmative Action institution. We embrace inclusiveness,
equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of our work and seek
excellence through diversity among our students, administrators,
faculty, and staff. Application by members of diverse groups is
Purpose of Position
The Coordinator of Communications and Technology position will
counsel students and parents about postsecondary options and
recruit them to NKU including conducting individual and group
information sessions and provide tours of the campus. The
Coordinator represents NKU at high schools, community colleges,
community partners and at college day/night programs; develop and
implement our social media campaigns, website content,
parent/family communication plans and support Slate, our Customer
Service Management tool. Position is responsible for meeting
application, admit and enrollment targets.
1) Manage a defined recruitment territory (30-40 high schools, 3-5
community colleges, and 8-10 weeks of travel) and develop
partnerships with community agencies and groups. Represent NKU at
high school and college day/night programs and community college
2) Counsel students and parents about postsecondary options and
recruit them to NKU, assist with customer service for prospective
students and respond to the Office of Admissions email
3) Conduct individual and group information sessions and provide
occasional tours of campus.
4) Develop and implement the Office of Admission’s social media
plan (Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram).
5) Assist the Assistant Director of Communications and Technology
in publication and presentation development.
6) Develop and implement a prospective student parent communication
plan (email, social media and direct mail) utilizing Slate NKU’s
Client Relationship Management tool.
7) Assist the Assistant Director of Communications and Technology
with website content and development.
8) Will conduct research for best practices utilizing technology to
execute our comprehensive communication plan.
9) Experience in Adobe Suite and/or similar software product and
10) Supervise student intern and/or graduate assistant(s).
11) Position is responsible for meeting application, admit and
Review of applications begins immediately.
Excellent communication and management skills, administrative
system implementation, strong analytical and organizational
Superior customer service experience.
Candidate will need to have experience and/or interest in the
recruitment and training of volunteers.
Experience in the development and execution of marketing and social
Extremely detail orientated, diplomatic with an ability to exercise
discretion and maintain privacy, critical thinking skills, ability
to multi-task, meet deadlines, prepare and deliver professional
presentations. Must have ability to make accurate and deliberate
decisions in an often high volume work environment.
Requires travel during and after normal business hours to
represent the University at recruitment events and activities.
Driver’s license and reliable transportation are
Any candidate who is offered this position will be required to go
through a pre-employment criminal background check as mandated by
state law. Northern Kentucky University is an Equal
Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action institution. We embrace
inclusiveness, equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of
our work and seek excellence through diversity among our students,
administrators, faculty, and staff. Application by members of
diverse groups is encouraged.
$36,835.50 minimum / annually
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Is this an internal only posting?
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- * Describe your experience utilizing a customized recruitment
database (CRM) and developing marketing materials for prospective
(Open Ended Question)
- * Describe your experience with student recruitment.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please briefly describe your experience with social media and
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have experience supervising students or staff?
- * Do you have full professional proficiency in Spanish?
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- NKU Jobs Site
- Inside Higher Ed
- Employee Referral
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application