Director of Experiential Education and Clinical Placements
Working Title Director of Experiential Education and Clinical Placements Department Teacher Education and School Leadership Full Time or Part Time? Full Time Position Number 30000788 Commitment to Inclusive Excellence
Northern Kentucky University embraces inclusiveness, equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of our work and seek excellence through diversity among our students, administrators, faculty, and staff. Application by members of diverse groups is encouraged.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action institution.
Purpose of Position
The College of Education is looking for a dynamic teacher educator and leader to serve as its Director of Experiential Education and Clinical Placements. The Director is a full-time, 10-month faculty position, a lecturer (renewable, non-tenure track) in the Teacher Education Program. The Director has a strong P-12 school background, a commitment to teaching excellence, and a drive for equity, innovation, and community partnerships.
The College of Education seeks to prepare and support aspiring and experienced educators who are knowledgeable, effective, caring professionals for success in increasingly complex, diverse, and technological education settings. It values the core principles of academic rigor and relevance, engaging pedagogy, inclusiveness, collaboration, applied scholarship and outreach, and professional ethics and disposition.
This position is an exciting opportunity for a teacher educator and leader committed to working across campus, while strengthening and expanding partnerships with local schools, agencies, and communities in order to prepare teachers for today’s students and schools. Primary Responsibilities
The Director of Educational Placements is responsible for providing oversight for all placement aspects of clinical, field, and admissions experiences in initial and advanced programs. The Director’s responsibilities include:
• Placement Management: in charge of placements for clinical experience; support faculty in placements for admissions and field experiences; conduct meetings for teacher candidates and for university and P-12 clinical educators;
• Candidate Supervision: supervise, mentor, and evaluate teacher candidates; review their eligibility for successful completion;
• School and Agency Partnership: develop and maintain strong working relationships with personnel in schools, agencies, and community based organizations;
• Supervisor and Mentor Development: select, train, and assign supervisors and mentors for educational placements;
• Program Integrity, Improvement, and Innovation: gather, analyze, and present data for program accreditation, continuous improvement, and innovation; ensure compliance of teacher certification; knowledgeable of certification requirements in Kentucky, Ohio, Indiana, and other states;
• Policy and Records: collaborate with university and school personnel to develop and revise policies, procedures, and materials relevant for educational placements and internships; maintain and update databases of educational partners, teacher candidates, and interns;
• Assist with Recruitment and Retention; college fairs, jobs and student recruitment visits.
• Assist with coordinating events and programs for the college.
• Program Representative: represent NKU at district, state, and regional meetings Qualifications
Teacher Education Program seeks a teacher educator and leader with the following characteristics:
• Master’s degree in Education or related field. Doctorate (Ph.D. or Ed.D.) is preferred;
• Minimum of three (3) years of successful teaching experience in P-12 schools. P-12 school or district leadership experience or experience in another education-related agency is desirable. Higher education teaching and/or leadership experience will be considered;
• Ability to provide appropriate leadership to accomplish department and college goals in regard to placements, internships, and partnerships;
• Commitment to promoting and integrating diversity and multicultural competencies in educational and work environments;
• Ability to work in participatory and collaborative ways and to engage in deliberative problem-solving to make sound decisions;
• Comfortable to engage in constructive conflict management and handle confidential information;
• Familiarity with schools in the Northern Kentucky and Greater Cincinnati region and surrounding counties is desirable;
• Knowledge of teaching certification and internship requirements, curriculum standards, accreditation policies, and effective supervision and mentoring practices is desirable;
• Knowledge and ability to work with technology and its applications for data collection, analysis, and presentation as well as for teaching, learning, and supervision;
• Effective and professional verbal and written communication.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter addressing relevant experience, curriculum vitae, names and contact information for five (5) professional references, and copies of graduate transcripts (unofficial accepted at the initial stage). For more information, contact Dr. Ginger Blackwell, Interim Associate Dean in The College of Education by phone at (859) 572-6320 or by email at email@example.com
Resume review will begin immediately. Minimum Education Master's Degree Preferred Education Doctorate
Requisition Number 2020F460 Job Open Date 07/12/2021 Job Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Quick Link https://jobs.nku.edu/postings/9223 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Education Administration & Leadership Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Other Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport