At PCOM, we espouse to grow a culturally competent workforce to advance healthcare that touches the lives of underserved communities. Diversity and inclusion is the core component of our institutional identity and a key pillar of PCOM’s strategic vision. Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine affirms that diversity and inclusion are crucial to the intellectual vitality of the campus community. It is through freedom of exchange over different ideas and viewpoints in supportive environments that our graduates develop the critical thinking and citizenship skills that will benefit them throughout their lives.
Since 1899, PCOM has trained highly competent, caring physicians, health practitioners, and behavioral scientists who practice a “whole person” approach to care - treating people, not just symptoms. As the field of medicine has changed, we've changed with it - adapting our program offerings to better meet the needs of healthcare providers and the communities they serve. At the main campus in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (PCOM), the branch campus in Suwanee, Georgia (PCOM Georgia), and our newest location in Moultrie, Georgia (PCOM South Georgia), PCOM students learn to approach problem-solving in a more professional, more team-oriented manner, which prepares them to work successfully in integrated healthcare settings with other health professionals. At Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine you will be part of a caring, professional, and committed community focused on making the PCOM experience the best possible for our students.
We are currently seeking to fill our Admissions Coordinator position at the Philadelphia campus with a highly qualified and passionate individual.
The Admissions Coordinator supports the Office of Admissions, a fast paced, detail-oriented, and goal-driven work environment, by playing an integral role in the operational needs of the office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Recruitment staff on the Philadelphia campus with
the facilitation of the Graduate program Faculty Committees on
Admissions and Admissions processes, which includes:
- Coordinating Graduate program interview schedules (in
conjunction with recruitment staff and program staff), which
includes but is not limited to scheduling candidates, interviewers,
and meal hosts, sending reminders, and requesting catering for on
- Greeting prospective students and assisting with room set up on
- Facilitating interviewer/reviewer electronic form completion
(processing/evaluating forms as needed).
- Taking meeting minutes and communicating with committee members
regarding meeting schedules and attendance.
- Decision letter generation and processing for the graduate
programs. Assists with decision letters for other programs/campuses
- Processing confirmations for enrolling students and tracking
receipt of enrollment materials.
- Additional Operations team tasks include the following:
- Answering incoming phone calls with professionalism and
respect; routing calls as appropriate, taking information for
telephone screening forms as appropriate.
- Responding to various types of electronic applicant inquiries
(chatbot, email, etc.) and escalating as necessary to appropriate
parties within PCOM; serving as a “first responder” in navigating
student inquiries and issues.
- Engaging with prospective students to schedule appointments
- Logging prospective student interactions within Admissions
software (Slate CRM).
- Participating in strategic recruitment initiatives such as
phone-a-thons and conversion activities as needed.
- Processing mail and scanning materials, disseminating
mail/packages accordingly to staff.
- Processing application materials (recommendation letters, test
scores, transcripts, etc.) received from external sources for all
degree programs throughout the entire application cycle within
Admissions software (Slate), which includes transcript evaluation
- Participation in virtual and on campus recruitment activities
(i.e. Open Houses) and conversion events (i.e. DO Welcome Brunch,
Second Look events, etc.), and Pathway programs as needed, which
may include evenings and weekends.
- Organizing and preparing physical mailings for prospective and
- Testing related to new software implementations and software
- Assisting with the auditing of applications, data cleanup, and
preparation of statistical data for all programs. Provides reports
and escalations to Admissions leadership as necessary.
- Assisting with coverage of front desk for in office events and
- Assisting with training new employees on operations tasks as
- Providing back up for all levels of processing for all
- Maintaining confidential information.
- Responsible for developing a working knowledge of all the
programs at all PCOM campus locations and their related
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief Admissions Officer and
Directors of Admissions.
- The PCOM Admissions team seeks members who exemplify the
following durable skillsets: creativity, persuasion, collaboration,
adaptability, and emotional intelligence.
Note: the Office of Admissions is currently operating in a fully remote capacity due to the Covid-19 health crisis. Additionally, all work-related travel is suspended (students, faculty, and staff), domestically and internationally, until further notice*, unless expressly approved by the Provost or the President. This includes all travel via airplane, train, or other modes of transportation.
*We are monitoring the situation daily, following national and local guidance; furthermore, we urge all students, staff and faculty to abide by all local, state and national public health directives.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) required.
- Minimum of 2 years in a fast paced office environment.
- Comfort interacting with the public is required.
- Preferred experience in higher education setting with desire
for growth within the field.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google applications
- Working knowledge of CRM Software (Slate), Banner, and Zoom or
other online webinar platforms a plus.
- Comfort with phone and online communication, strong written and
verbal communication skills and customer service orientation.
- Willingness to engage with and work collaboratively with team
members across all 3 PCOM locations.
- Self-motivated, active listener with a high level of positivity
high level organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Adaptability and interest in engaging with evolving
- Comfort working with diverse communities and interacting with a
variety of constituencies, including staff, applicants, students,
alumni, volunteers, guests, etc.
- Valid active driver’s license and auto insurance
- Primary sedentary work. Occasionally may lift supplies up to 10
Application Instructions ( all applications must include):
- Cover Letter
PCOM is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration. We adhere to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Middle City East
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Middle City East
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Middle City East
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Not specified Full Time jobs in Middle City East
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Middle City East