Admissions Administrative Coordinator
Admissions Administrative Coordinator
At PCOM, we espouse to grow a culturally competent workforce to advance healthcare that touches the lives of underserved communities. Diversity and inclusion is the core component of our institutional identity and a key pillar of PCOM’s strategic vision. Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine affirms that diversity and inclusion are crucial to the intellectual vitality of the campus community. It is through freedom of exchange over different ideas and viewpoints in supportive environments that our graduates develop the critical thinking and citizenship skills that will benefit them throughout their lives.
Since 1899, PCOM has trained highly competent, caring physicians, health practitioners, and behavioral scientists who practice a “whole person” approach to care - treating people, not just symptoms. As the field of medicine has changed, we've changed with it - adapting our program offerings to better meet the needs of healthcare providers and the communities they serve. At the main campus in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (PCOM), the branch campus in Suwanee, Georgia (PCOM Georgia), and our newest location in Moultrie, Georgia (PCOM South Georgia), PCOM students learn to approach problem-solving in a more professional, more team-oriented manner, which prepares them to work successfully in integrated healthcare settings with other health professionals. At Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine you will be part of a caring, professional, and committed community focused on making the PCOM experience the best possible for our students.
We are currently seeking to fill our Admissions Administrative Coordinator position at the Philadelphia campus with a highly qualified and passionate individual.
Supports the Office of Admissions, a fast paced, detail-oriented, and goal-driven work environment, by playing an integral role in the administrative and operational needs of the office. This role will have primary office management duties for the Philadelphia campus location.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports the Chief Admissions Officer (CAO), in the following
- Coordination of calendar events
- Booking travel arrangements and logistics
- Coordination of calendar events
- Supports the Philadelphia Admissions location with the
following administrative tasks:
- Coordinating Philadelphia location staff coverage of front
- Working closely with Admissions Manager and Director of
Administrative Operations in monitoring and escalating personnel
issues for the Operations team.
- Tracking and submitting maintenance requests through PCOM
- Tracking and submitting office purchases, including processing
requisitions through PCOM’s finance software (Unimarket). Monitors
expenditures and reviews purchasing requests with the Director of
- Monitoring inventory of office supplies, recruitment materials
and giveaways, submitting order requests and restocking supply
storage areas as needed.
- Acquiring quotes from vendors for departmental purchases when
directed by CAO or Directors of Admissions.
- Collaborating with the Admissions Manager and Coordinators on
onboarding/training Operations staff.
- Assisting the Admissions Leadership team in selection of new
staff as needed.
- Composing internal and external correspondence of a non -
- Organizing and preparing physical mailings as needed.
- Supervising small, short term projects for the Office of
- Coordinating Philadelphia location staff coverage of front desk
- Additional Operations team tasks:
- Answering incoming phone calls with professionalism and
respect; routing calls as appropriate, taking information for
telephone screening forms as appropriate.
- Logging prospective student interactions within Admissions
software (Slate CRM)
- Processing mail and scanning materials, disseminating
mail/packages accordingly to staff.
- Processing application materials (recommendation letters, test
scores, transcripts, etc.) received from external sources for all
degree programs. throughout the entire application cycle within
Admissions software (Slate)
- Participating in strategic recruitment initiatives such as
phone-a-thons and conversion activities as needed.
- Responding to various types of electronic applicant inquiries
(chatbot, email, etc.) and escalates as necessary to appropriate
parties within PCOM; serves as a “first responder” in navigating
student inquiries and issues.
- Participating in virtual and on campus recruitment activities
(i.e. Open Houses) and conversion events (i.e. DO Welcome Brunch,
Second Look events, etc.), and Pathway programs as needed, which
may include evenings and weekends.
- Collaborating with recruitment staff in the support of on
campus events, including coordinating room requests, setup,
assignments, catering requisitions and educational media assistance
- Assisting with file audits and system maintenance, updates and
- Maintaining confidential information.
- Answering incoming phone calls with professionalism and respect; routing calls as appropriate, taking information for telephone screening forms as appropriate.
- Responsible for developing a working knowledge of all the
programs at all PCOM campus locations and their related
- Performs other related duties as requested or assigned by the
CAO and Directors of Admissions.
- The PCOM Admissions team seeks members who exemplify the
following durable skillsets: creativity, persuasion, collaboration,
adaptability, and emotional intelligence.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) required.
- Minimum of 2 years in a fast paced office environment.
- Comfort interacting with the public is required.
- Preferred experience in higher education setting with desire
for growth within the field. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and
Google applications required.
- Working knowledge of CRM Software (Slate), Banner, Requisition
Software (Unimarket) and Zoom or other online webinar platforms a
- Comfort with phone and online communication, strong written and
verbal communication skills and customer service orientation.
- Willingness to engage with and work collaboratively with team
members across all 3 PCOM locations
- Self-motivated, active listener and with a high level of
positivity and professionalism.
- High level organizational skills and attention to detail.
- adaptability and interest in engaging with evolving
- comfort working with diverse communities and interacting with a
variety of constituencies, including staff, applicants, inquiries,
students, alumni, volunteers, guests, etc.
- Valid active driver’s license and auto insurance
- Occasional lifting of office supplies; manual dexterity and
mobility to use all office equipment. Primarily sedentary
PCOM is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration. We adhere to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Middle City East
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Middle City East
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Middle City East
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Middle City East
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Middle City East