Standardized Patient Manager
Standardized Patient Manager
At PCOM, we espouse to grow a culturally competent workforce to advance healthcare that touches the lives of underserved communities. Diversity and inclusion is the core component of our institutional identity and a key pillar of PCOM’s strategic vision. Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine affirms that diversity and inclusion are crucial to the intellectual vitality of the campus community. It is through freedom of exchange over different ideas and viewpoints in supportive environments that our graduates develop the critical thinking and citizenship skills that will benefit them throughout their lives.
Since 1899, PCOM has trained highly competent, caring physicians, health practitioners, and behavioral scientists who practice a “whole person” approach to care - treating people, not just symptoms. As the field of medicine has changed, we've changed with it - adapting our program offerings to better meet the needs of healthcare providers and the communities they serve. At the main campus in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (PCOM), the branch campus in Suwanee, Georgia (PCOM Georgia), and our newest location in Moultrie, Georgia (PCOM South Georgia), PCOM students learn to approach problem-solving in a more professional, more team-oriented manner, which prepares them to work successfully in integrated healthcare settings with other health professionals. At Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine you will be part of a caring, professional, and committed community focused on making the PCOM experience the best possible for our students.
We are currently seeking to fill our Standardized Patient Manager position at the Georgia campus with a highly qualified and passionate individual.
The Standardized Patient (SP)Manager reports to the Director of Standardized Patient Program. The Manager will oversee the assigned simulation center’s daily SP operations, educational events, logistics, budget, administrative, operational, data, and reporting functions for assigned PCOM Simulation Centers. Efforts will focus on assuring the preparations, quality, and staffing of SP simulations for all Medical Education Programs, Graduate Medical Education Programs, and Outreach Simulation Programs. The Manager of SP Program will be assigned to one of the campus locations. However, travel to other campuses may be required.
The goal of PCOM Simulation Centers is to use state-of-the-art simulation technologies to leverage the most comprehensive educational modalities. Our purpose is to enhance the quality of education and verification of skills through an integrated and proficiency-based curriculum. The PCOM Simulation Center consists of an Operating Room, Emergency Room, Intensive Care Unit, Obstetrics/Gynecology suite, OSCE Suites, interchangeable high-fidelity rooms, laparoscopic training space, classrooms, task training skills labs, and several virtual reality trainers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, orient and training of new SPs for participation in simulation activities
- Work with Education Specialist to assure survey and checklist are completed by faculty, staff, and learners
- Responsible for the scheduling, flow, and logistic of all SP simulations events onsite
Administration and Management Responsibility
- Responsible for all hiring, administrative onboarding, payroll, and assignments of all Standardized Patients
- Manages and supervises all SPs and personnel issues
- Serves as the primary point of contact to communicate information with SP’s onsite
- Manage resources needed for the SP program including supplies for assigned campus
- Organize the scheduling of all Standardized Patients
- Collaborates with Director of Experiential Leaning Assessment and Logistics ensuring proper student flow and center utilization for all OSCE events
- Recruit and evaluate new SP’s, conduct interviews, and coordinate auditions and evaluations
- Track SP hours to ensure accurate documentation, calculate payroll hours, and timely processing of payroll
- Work with Director of Standardized Patients to develop and update policies, procedures, and processes
- Ensures best practices are being implemented on-site
- Participates and leads quality improvement processes
- In charge of all Astra room reservations for upcoming SP simulation events, clinics, meetings, and classes as needed
- Maintain and manage the SP simulation calendar
- Manage all Guided Patient planning and scheduling
Teaching and Instruction Role
- Assists in the Training sessions to coach and prepare the SPs for case-based roles
- Assists in the remediation and quality review of SPs
- Assists with the new hire SP training
- As assigned
- Master’s Degree in Medical Simulation or related field with simulation experience Preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field with SP simulation experience
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in SP medical simulation required
- Computer experience required
- Knowledge of Blackboard preferred
- Knowledge of EMS video recording program preferred
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
CHSE – Certification as a Healthcare Simulation Educator (preferred)
PCOM is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration. We adhere to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.